Recent content by thejdl

1. T

Comparing deals online. How you doing it?

Seems to break on mobile for me. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  2. T

Comparing deals online. How you doing it?

Are people using anything to compare best deals on parts and stuff? I tend to manually check the big online shops myself manually. Bikeexchange.com.au should have everything in one spot but doesn't seem to have the overseas retailers. People have a better way than a dozen browser tabs open...
  3. T

How to convert Giant Anthem 2014 to XT 12 mm through axle wheels.

You don't need the giant branded axle. You can save quite a bit of money using a specific generic axle. I'm pretty sure it was this one https://www.dtswiss.com/Components/RWS/RWS-E-Thru-rear which was available from heaps of stores. There are threads on it on other forums. Sent from my MotoG3...
  4. T

Converting notubes 3.30 rear hub

Thanks Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. T

Converting notubes 3.30 rear hub

Hi I've bought a 2nd hand wheelset which has 3.30 hub, currently in 12x142 with xd driver I need to convert to 135mm QR (5mm) This is the kit I believe. www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/stans-notubes-rear-axle-kit-qrx135-suit-3.30-3.30t Is this easy? Do I need to pull the cassette of? I...
  6. T

Thredbo summer rides

I'm planning on going down for a weekend. However I'm not a downhill rider, more cross country. Ride a trance 29er. I assume still worth going? Flow and all mountain look good as well. Any other non downhillers had fun?
  7. T

The New Dad thread

Love that. For first timers I recommend staying down the end without all the action. Can still be supportive and involved but less squeamish.
  8. T

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Yes quite enjoyed the various coffee in a cans when I was in Japan. Can you get them in oz?
  9. T

Dickheads.

I went mtb with a cop who cycles to work. He has a cheap ebay camera on side of his helmet (looks like a light). He reports motorists who are agressive like this and hands over the video footage. He said they were encouraging all cyclists to do this.
  10. T

Leave as is, upgrade frame, sell or part out

Hi all, I've recently bought a new bike and have been using my hardtail as a run-around and as a spare for friends. The base bike is a 2010 specialized rockhopper http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2010/rockhopper/rockhopperexpertdisc. The following has been upgraded (by...
  11. T

magura forks service sydney

Thanks I'll give them a call Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk
  12. T

magura forks service sydney

Hi all, Anyone recommend a place to get my Magura forks serviced in Sydney? (Prefer western syd but can go futher). Thanks
  13. T

Again roady advice and guidance.

As recommended only look at effective TT length. Other numbers are just confusing. I'm a fraction taller, also bride a medium trance and got my road bike second hand, m/l. I was on the lookout for anything with effective TT of 56cm. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  14. T

press fit bottom bracket end cap coming loose

The left hand crank arm doesn't seem to have any other hex screws holding it. Or am I missing something basic? See for example .
  15. T

press fit bottom bracket end cap coming loose

Hi, I've got a press fit bottom bracket (2014 trance x1) where the end cap keeps coming loose. (Holding the crank arm on). First time it came completely out and I took it my LBS who had a look and didn't see anything wrong. They tightened it up and it lasted for my next ride for a few...