Recent content by thematrix

1. T

Bike hire is Tasmania

tiger be careful. be very careful flying tiger. if something dose go wrong they have no way of dealing with it except giving you a phone number to call. the staff at check in are not tiger staff but under contract to a 2 nd company and are not able to make any decisions. the terms and...
  2. T

Suggestions for epic weekend ride - Victoria

few suggestions. with a bit more of a drive than two hours. there is a walking trail next to the Mitchell river which is close to Bairnsdale. we would paddle the river and then ride our bikes back up stream to pick up our cars but it could be a nice epic with lots of great swimming holes.might...
  3. T

09/10 National XC Series. Official Thread.

video news here. link enclosed http://www.ozcycling.com/home#
  4. T

dirt works BMC, fox, GT etc.

unfair maybe?
  5. T

dirt works BMC, fox, GT etc.

Do wholesaler / distributors have a future in Australia? Just read that dirt works are no longer the BMC bike dealer , and last year they lost the Fox dealership. (any insight ) Also Avanti are no longer going to bring in Specialized. cannonade and GT and are now being distributed by Dorel...
  6. T

Friday night racing at the You Yangs, GMBC

up and running. here is the latest info re the friday night series. The No Frills Fridays Summer Series is off and running. Action is fast and furious (or not so furious if you are riding with me!). If you haven't yet been down to grab some race points, now is your chance. A friendly...
  7. T

KONA24 Hour - Forrest - Nov 28/29

5 stars. Did you know that when we are born our DnA is stamped with the number of nights we can sleep under Canvas.Be very careful not to waste them, coz Once you reach that number then it is no longer possible to camp. I would stay in colac coz you may have nearly reached your max quota...
  8. T

Friday night racing at the You Yangs, GMBC

GMBC No Frills Fridays are on again. Nov 20, Nov 27, Dec 4, Dec 11, it's the low stress, high fun series. everyone welcome. rego at 6pm racing at 7pm. racing is around Kurrajong and we will have a different format each week. cheap entry fee, fun club racing. more info on the www.gmbc.com.au...
  9. T

Bright Enduro, October 31, 2009.

Sweeeeeet event! A really great race, with a very well set out village, a very good value entry fee , great vibe, great track, easy rego, lots of marshalls, well marked track with nice views for the river and the valley. No one crapping on for hours on the PA, no over hyping, no bad music...
  10. T

heart rate and energy question

thanks for all the info guys next race i am going to try to set a lower a heart rate and maintain it for the whole race. also am going to try to maintain the same lap speed. the input has been of value. thanks heaps. :o:confused::):p:D:eek::cool:
  11. T

heart rate and energy question

Advise re heart rate. During the last 3 hour surf coast race my heart rate for the first two laps was averaging at 178bpm And on my sixth lap I was only able to averaging 164bpm as my legs and back were shot. For the whole 3 hours my average heart rate was 170bpm. I am trying to work out...
  12. T

Southern Exposure Surf Coast 12hr 6hr 3hr Mtb Festival

discount code not just us. yes i am sure they are a fantastic bunch of guys and the event will be excellent that is why i am entering. On their payment page there is a discount code, therefore there must be some discount deal out there for "special people" , i would also like to be...
  13. T

Southern Exposure Surf Coast 12hr 6hr 3hr Mtb Festival

discount code hey just about to enter and there is a discount code. can someone post it please so i don't have to pay full price. thanks :p:):confused::rolleyes::eek::cool::D
  14. T

DT Swiss - mountains to beach 2010

i need therapy did something really silly. I entered. brother convinced me, so sign up. ouch!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: see you at the start line. we usally spent xmas till new year at thredbo so if anyone is around that time of year happy to meet up for some sneaky...
  15. T

Mountains to Beach - 2010

thinking of entering i have been pretty seriously thinking about this event too. my issue is the one below. generally in the travel industry if an event is cancelled then you get your money back, that is why operators get insurance. even a concert promoter refunds tickets to you if the event...