Recent content by TheReality

1. T

Buying a canyon. Hidden fees

No import duty, it's all sorted. But if CC charges international transactions fees then you will get that as it is an international payment. Only fee on top of listed price is postage ($200).
  2. T

So, a man walks into a bike shop.........

Mt first adult mountain bike was the same fluid but 2014 model. I've upgraded a bit since then, but had no issues with the bike. I found it was a great intro bike and good for a mix of light trails and road. Though, it can handle rough trails, I rode it everywhere here including some of...
  3. T

Option to lower saddle height when dropper is lowest possible.

Thanks Guys, Decided i'll bite the bullet and get a new dropper post.
  4. T

At the moment the reverb is 215mm from collar to rail
  5. T

Thanks Guys, Looks like BikeYoke may be the right height, would not leave much room for error. Though pared with a 5-10mm lower saddle it could be heaps.
  6. T

I went for a ride the other day and everytime i bought the seat back up for the peddle sections it was too much mucking around trying to adjust it back to a good height. and i don't think the reverb can be height limited in any ways Yeah, I am struggling to find a good LBS in Brisbane with...
  7. T

Hi Guys, I got a new bike and it came with a 150mm dropper, which is awesome getting the seat right out of the way. Problem is, it sits about 15mm too high when fully extended. The post is slammed down to the collar so cannot adjust it any lower. My question is, can i get a saddle that is...
  8. T

New Spectral

Pinbike states it is Boost. But as mentioned, canyon has not made a big song and dance about it. https://www.pinkbike.com/news/canyon-spectral-first-ride-2018.html
  9. T

What is a Stealth Dropper Worth?

Hi, Can anyone tell me what a RS Reverb Stealth dropper is worth 150mm? It came on my new bike but I need to drop down a size. I want to give it to a mate at a good bargain price without giving it away, if that makes sense... Appreciate your opinions.
  10. T

New bike day

Yeah it does sir up, not sure. Not sure if normal either haha. Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
  11. T

New bike day

So I bit the bullet last week and ordered a Canyon Strive CF 7.0. Assembled it last night, only took about 45 minutes, having never worked on a bike I thought that was OK. Canyon have been great to deal with, and fast! There are a couple of blemishes on the frame, I might give them a call...
  12. T

2017 remedy 9 or 2018 remedy 8 ?

Eagle is awesome. I rode 11sp/12sp back to back up decent hills and down decent hills. that granny is nice when you get tired!
  13. T

Where to buy gear

Where is everyone buying gear? I need new helmet, gloves and peddles for new bike. Either bricks and mortar in Brisbane, South side or online.
  14. T

MTB kit bags

Any dirtbike shop should be able to sort you out with Fox gear bag etc.
  15. T

2017 remedy 9 or 2018 remedy 8 ?

Remedy 8 is a decent bike, peddles really well and suspension is nice. Remedy 8 does not have the new thru shaft shock. Only top spec models do.