Recent content by Timberwilly

1. T

NSW EVIL Offering V2 [SOLD]

Item: 2021 EVIL Offering V2 XL frame or frameset Location: Sydney Item Condition: Excellent - as new Reason for selling: Relocation Price and price conditions: $4500 frame (or $5500 frame/fork) Extra Info: Near new - ridden less than half a dozen times Professionally installed Edgetech frame...
  2. T

Sold 2021 Rock Shox SID Ultimate 120 mm

PM sent.
  3. T

International [SOLD] REEB Dikyelous titanium 29er frame

Item: REEB Dikyelous titanium 29er frame Location: Newcastle Item condition: Very good Reason for selling: Too old and lame Price and price conditions: $2500 ONO Extra info: M/L size (effective top tube approx 625mm, seat tube 485mm). Sliding dropouts with inserts to allow it to be run single...
  4. T

NSW * SOLD * Yeti sb4.5c frame & Fox shock

Or frame and shock for $2750 Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. T

Looking to sell at $3500 including fork Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. T

Item: Yeti sb4.5c frame 2016 size L with Fox Float EVOL shock Item location: Newcastle but can courier at buyer’s expense Item condition: Excellent. Frameskin since new. Frameskin has lifted in a couple of places and has a couple of scuffs but that’s about it. Frame is pretty much mint. Reason...
  7. T

NSW sold sold sold

Sent you a PM Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. T

What makes a strong wheel?

I don't think I saw any mention of nipple material in any of the above. Aluminium sucks as a nipple material in my opinion. Sheds about 50g over brass for a wheel set I think. Or maybe it's per wheel. Whatever, it isn't worth it. Aluminium nipples corrode and fail even without excess spoke...
  9. T

Best valued second hand All Mountain Dually - Suggestions

One person's all mountain bike is another's downhill rig I guess, but what about the Spesh Enduro? FSR platform has stood the test of time and you can pick them up cheap as you like depending how old you go Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. T

Lower gearing how to

My brother (another er... older gent) retro-fitted his 10 year old Enduro with a 1x11 drivetrain and reckons it's just as good as any newfangled dually. Myself, I haven't found a 1x11 set up limiting on the hills and it's great saying goodbye to chain suck Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. T

Kore chainrings

Just installed an E13 Guide Ring in place of an X01 ring. Definitely worth thinking about. Holds the chain well and pretty quiet Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. T

Carbon bars recommendations

I'm running a set of Raceface Next 35 bars and I love them. Dimensions hit the sweet spot for me at 760mm wide, 10mm rise, 8 degree sweep. Stiff too Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. T

Spoke keys/wrenches, what do you use and rate?

Yep, a classic. 3 sided does the job fine and makes for quick wheel building Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. T

Spoke keys/wrenches, what do you use and rate?

Park Tools wrenches do it for me. Secure hold on the nipple, never rounded one yet. Finger friendly ergo shape, easy to keep hold of Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. T

Bleedin' Avid Elixir R

Elixrs really don't seem to cope with the bike being upside down or traveling by air in my experience. The taperbore design has a reputation for not dealing well with air bubbles. Tapping the caliper with a screwdriver handle or something similar repeatedly on all sides and moving the caliper...