Recent content by TimmyH

1. T

VIC SOLD - Giant Contact Switch 30.9mm, 100mm drop

Item: Giant Contact Switch post, external cable routing only Location: Bayside Melbourne Item Condition: Used for about 10 rides. Some wear from mounting in frame but no marks on stanchion Reason for selling: Upgraded to the stealth Giant post Price and price conditions: All sold
  2. T

VIC SOLD: Banshee Legend Mk II (Medium)

Bump! Would like this sold to also help fund some 4wd toys for my car...so am price dropping!
  3. T

You are correct sir and my apologies to the forum/Mods. Size added to the original post and I've included a price drop with it. Now after $2,200.
  4. T

Item: Banshee Legend Mk II DH bike Size: Medium Location: Melbourne (Wheelers Hill or Port Melbourne. Can be convinced to go for a small drive to drop off around Melbourne though) Item Condition: Used but still working perfectly. Serviced after each ride by professional mechanics. Paint worn...
  5. T

3x9 to 2x10 front ring gear choices? inner and middle

Hi Rodney, I'm using Specialities TA chainrings on my XC bike - a 26 and 38 (I think - something like that). They've worked flawlessly with a Deore front derailleur and various shifters (X9 triggers, X0 twist, double-tap) and look pretty good too! They go up to 42t middle and 30t inner (the...
  6. T

2010 You Yangs - Yowie entries opens today 33km 66km 99km- SAT Oct 2nd 2010

Akashra is correct - the photographer out on course was me. Images are available from my website: http://mtnbiking.com.au/images/you-yangs-yowie-021010/ Thanks! Tim
  7. T

Being a pilot

You'll be looking at a few more than that. As a breakdown of # hours required for each license, from memory they are around: GFPT: 20 PPL: 40-50 CPL: 100 (not 100% sure about this one) ATPL: 1500 The path you'll follow is to get up to PPL (basically you can fly anywhere in Aus), then...
  8. T

freerider 2

First real attempt: -18 1i 18 1i,19 1k 77 1m,77 1k 7h 17 82 12 8j 12 91 1e 9a 1t,ad 26 au 1v b8 1e bo 15 c4 1i c3 25 bn 2i b4 2j ai 2c,76 1n 7j 23 83 2b 8n 28 98 1s,8o 28 97 32,av 34 b7 2i,ak 2c ae 25,6h 1l 6e 26 6s 2k 7g 2j 7t 28,7e 2i 7j 38 7v 3g 8g 3i 97 32,c4 1p co 1n da 22 dk 2l da 36 cm...
  9. T

Tyre pressures in aircraft hold

They are actually pressurised. The reason is that a cylinder is the best shape to hold pressure (well, a sphere is better, but sphere's can't fly too well). If they made only the passenger compartment pressurised, the floor joints and support beams would need to be made stronger to support the...
  10. T

Word Game thingo

MTX. Headwinds or uphills?
  11. T

Creek crossings, how deep is too deep?

I'm with pretty much everyone here - multiple creek crossings suck. At the FGP Melbourne 12 hour (in Werribee), each lap had 4 creek crossings, all of them almost at hub depth. They were good two years ago when it was really hot, but really sucked last year 'cause it was cold and raining. I say...
  12. T

Favour for a friend....stupid iPods....

Johnny, my bro can transfer his songs from his iPod shuffle to my comp without other programs. I think I remember the steps, so hopefully it should work: 1) Make sure Hidden folders are shown on your computer. 2) Open iTunes 3) Plug iPod into USB 4) iTunes will ask something (can't remember...
  13. T

Lysterfield Park Directions

I know you can catch the train to Ringwood and get on one of the buses from there (which will take you to Lysterfield).
  14. T

You Yangs this W/E

I'm heading out there too. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this time (last year I fell and stuffed my leg badly) :o Loved the track last time, and it looks like the weather should be good too.
  15. T

My lameass story for the day

I'm a pilot at Moorabbin Airport (got about 30 hrs up), and saw the ultimate taxi-service. I was getting my plane ready when I saw a Roulette plane land and taxi to the main apron at Moorabbin. Then, out popped an officer, who proceded to get into a fancy-looking car (which then drove off), and...