Recent content by tkdbboy

1. tkdbboy

Dream Bike for the wife - Juliana Roubion... Maverick

Incase the dream becomes out of reach ... Some bang for buck women's options on runout: https://www.canyon.com/en-au/outlet/mountain-bikes/?cgid=outlet-mountain&prefn1=pc_familie&prefn2=pc_geschlecht&prefn3=pc_outlet&prefv1=Spectral&prefv2=WMN&prefv3=true
  2. tkdbboy

Protective gear for DH?

Those suits look great. Saw one on gumtree recently for $100 but missed it. I've recently started using the VPD 2.0 elbow and knees and have found them to do the job well. Not the best for pedalling as the rubber grip is so damn good it grabs my hairy legs haha
  3. tkdbboy

Bargain buys thread

Fox DHX2 for $550 delivered from MTBD 200x57 216x63 https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/fox-shox-dhx2-factory-series-coil-shock?quantity=1&option=906&release-year=104&shock-size=106
  4. tkdbboy

Protective gear for DH?

Youies isn't too far off one! :oops: Ahh gotcha ... makes sense! Cheers
  5. tkdbboy

Protective gear for DH?

Anyone using chest protector vests like this for park/DH days? Is there much impact absorption in these or just a hard plastic shell? Also to protect the body from grazing when sliding on the ground if I come off Heading to Whistler soon so considering options when I plan on trying some of the...
  6. tkdbboy

GX Eagle - shitty shifting solved!!

Anyone running a Sunrace derailleur? Specifically this one (https://www.hibike.com/sunrace-mx-60-rear-derailleur-10-11-12-speed-p02467fd9516546c1544cdbd51d49eea5#var_78440006 ) It says its a med length cage and supports the 12sp cassettes which run 50t , but my understanding is that med cages...
  7. tkdbboy

GX Eagle - shitty shifting solved!!

Never had an issue with my Sunrace 11-46 cassette and XT combo on the old bike. Every month I have something go wrong with my current GX Eagle setup. o_O
  8. tkdbboy

Which alum+coil bike?

AL 6.0 in Large says 12/8 for Black and 8/7 for Blue
  9. tkdbboy

Bargain buys thread

Dammit x2!! Tell them exchange rate at the time made it $999 :mad:
  10. tkdbboy

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

2020 Commencal Range live on Aussie site! edit: I thought about my bike edit 2: got a chubb when I saw this .... (They've also upped to rear to 170mm travel)
  11. tkdbboy

Which alum+coil bike?

Commencal Clash Race is a good build for 5k
  12. tkdbboy

Thinking about getting a DJ bike

Yeah was the 100mm, Straight steerer one off Cyclingdeal eBay with 15% off code. Was actually $300 .. the discount wasn't updating when I changed from Comp to Expert in the dropdown selection. Expired last night
  13. tkdbboy

Thanks for the info fellas ... I came across some new Circus Experts for about $280 and seeing if its worthwhile swapping out the barely used Argyle R's out and trying to make some funds back
  14. tkdbboy

@pink poodle @Ultra Lord Slight derail but thoughts on RS Argyle R compared to Manitou Circus Expert? From what I've read, the Argyle R is coil sprung with rebound adjustment. Circus Expert is air sprung with some more adjustments. Both perform well and reliably with the Circus slightly ahead...
  15. tkdbboy

Travel insurance

I'll also be going to Whistler (in a few weeks) , will be using SCTI and my bike is under home and contents which is covered for overseas damage (excludes racing but I won't be doing any of that). Made two claims in the past with SCTI and they have been great.