Recent content by tkdbboy

1. tkdbboy

New bike, frame protection?

+1 for invisiframe, especially if you stack a lot like me
  2. tkdbboy

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Quality Pizzas there! Tell me how your bearings hold up when you return
  3. tkdbboy

What should I buy - Norco sight or canyon Spectral?

Canyon delivery times from people I personally know: 2018 Canyon Torque in 1 week 2018 Canyon Torque in 1 week 2018 Canyon Torque in 1 week 2018 Canyon Strive ordered at the start of 2018 .... came in 6 months o_O and myself - 2018 Canyon Torque in 1 week Sounds like you should get a Torque ;)
  4. tkdbboy

QLD Rimpact Tyre Inserts SOLD

Great inserts. Been on them for a month
  5. tkdbboy

What should I buy - Norco sight or canyon Spectral?

What made you come to the conclusion that the Norco AL models we ahead of the Spectral ALs? The top Spec AL Spectral (AL6 $3649) is priced similarly to the entry level Sight (A3 $3600) and the components on the A3 are definitely lower than AL6. To be fair, Canyon charges $200 for delivery so...
  6. tkdbboy

Protective gear for DH?

Bit of a thread revive but came across an interesting read in the recent AMA with a Trauma & Orthopaedic Doctor on Pinkbike. Q. Whats your take on neck braces? A. Great question. Neck braces cause ALOT of online debate and I've scanned the articles trying to find a simple answer to whether...
  7. tkdbboy

Bargain buys thread

EVOC bike bag in SA $150 https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/findon/bicycle-parts-and-accessories/evoc-bike-bag-for-downhill-or-trail-bike-/1214568458
  8. tkdbboy

The discount code thread

Nah only press unfortunately. I used these guys for a cheap blind puller : https://www.bearingprotools.com/products/bearing-puller Although its not a one size fits all solution
  9. tkdbboy

The discount code thread

25SPRING19 for 25% off at Boca Bearings I got my bearing press kit from here, works out at $75 AUD delivered. https://www.bocabearings.com/products/bike-bearing-installer-i0002079
  10. tkdbboy

The discount code thread

UBER20 at uberbike for 20% off
  11. tkdbboy

The QUICK question thread.....

Noted! .. Cheers
  12. tkdbboy

Gave it a good pressure wash and dry, then thorough clean finishing with isopropyl alcohol so surface was all schmick. Put some Stans 30mm (E1700 30mm rims) tape on for 2 laps whilst pulling moderately hard on the tape when laying it on. Looked like a good job though maybe I should've run my...
  13. tkdbboy

haha yeah seems like it, maybe pour some isopropyl alcohol in beforehand to soften it up? I've got an air compressor that might help but I guess I won't be able to get it back to schmick
  14. tkdbboy

Long story short, tubeless tape developed a leak and I had a pressure leak from spoke holes. Going to redo my tape but before that, I suspect I have dried sealant inside my rim. Thoughts on ways to remove/flush it out?
  15. tkdbboy

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I'm still alive, so no ... haha .. I wish! First stepdown doesn't look big in videos but as usual it was a different story in person. Even mini dream track had some big features