Recent content by tkdbboy

1. tkdbboy

Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

So trialled a 500m one I had in mind but have never done before. I usually stick to one area and lap the main trails there. https://www.strava.com/activities/3528744172 After 5ish dry days, JJs was veeery slippy, LyreLyre was a bit wetter than tacky and Igor/H2F was running great. Forecast has...
  2. tkdbboy

Brake choice...cura 4, dominion, quadiem gpsec

I've found discobrakes and uberbike pads to not last as long (I'd say between 1/3 and 1/2) as Hope Sintered pads. I think Hope ones are thicker but I haven't confirmed this. Race Matrix had a bit of extra bite to it but I've gone back to Hope. Slowing down less means I should go faster? o_O
  3. tkdbboy

2018 Commencal Supreme V4.2 Air Sock conversion - Help needed

I imagine if you ran the 250x75 then the bike would be sitting at ~10% travel at full extension and bottom out will be ~5% less getting you just under 200mm of travel. So like cycling between 10%-95% of what the frame was designed for on that wheel size if that makes sense?
  4. tkdbboy

Commencal said the 250x75 shock is fine or that using an air shock is fine? I find it strange if they said the 250 is fine. 99/100 times, bikes shouldn't run a different eye to eye shock. Theres the odd ones out there that might be able to but its quite rare. Edit: Looks like the 27.5...
  5. tkdbboy

These are my two 250 eye to eye shocks for reference if its of any help. Was the air shock secondhand?
  6. tkdbboy

VIC Hope Bottom Bracket Bearing Tool

Item: Hope Bottom Bracket Bearing Tool Location: Melbourne but happy to pay for post Price/Range: $30? Extra info: Looks like its discontinued. Was able to manage without it before but wouldn't mind the actual tool from Hope.
  7. tkdbboy

Have Mountain Bikers become the new Motards?

That chute in the mid section got deeper each time I visited! ... Each time I was thinking 'Today might be the day my pedals clip the edges' o_O
  8. tkdbboy

Nukeproof ARD buy from CRC

I consider inserts more as rim insurance for when I make bad line choices. Benefits like vibration dampening is a bonus (more noticeable on long park days)
  9. tkdbboy

Their website. 37GBP pair of inserts with valves + 13GBP shipping = approx $96 AUD delivered I got a set off them in Jan when the AUD was better
  10. tkdbboy

Pay a bit more and get a set of RimPacts. About $90 delivered
  11. tkdbboy

Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

Great spot! Count me in. Needs a few days to dry up after rain so worth keeping that in mind. Bottlecaps can get sliiiick. Lyre Lyre is great. Good variety of features that link well together. For the gravity inclined and pedalling declined fellows such as myself who required CPR at 15km , I...
  12. tkdbboy

GX Eagle - shitty shifting solved!!

Did this mod about a month ago on GX Eagle setup. Rear mech sits more firmly now and shifting has improved. Should've pulled the pin on Prime 9 boxing day sale o_O ... would be a good iso tinker project
  13. tkdbboy

VIC Found

This facebook group is probably your best bet: dirt jumpers buy/swap/sell australia Saw a few nice ones come up this week but they sell pretty quick (if they're not trashed and overpriced).
  14. tkdbboy

Wheel Build Advice Thread

Isn't the weight saved lost by the washers?
  15. tkdbboy

Wheel Build Advice Thread

Whats the advantage of not having eyelets? Seems like rims with eyelets are easier to build wheels with?