Recent content by Trevor_S

1. Trevor_S

Lauf Grit Gravel Bike, anyone have one ?

and that's excacty why I don't, won't, cant and will never participate and why I post here (and other fora) instead :). It has nothing to do with a philosophical opposition to social media. A closed shop on an open internet is anathema and those who do use it should be ashamed of enabling that...
  2. Trevor_S

Yeah, for those saying HT 29er (had three bikes stolen, one of them a HT 29er but that's another matter) , been there done that and found it a slog for long distances, hence the drop bars of a gravel bike . Currently on a Scott Spark 29er, 2x, with dual suspension and dual lockout at the bar)...
  3. Trevor_S

Thinking of getting one to ride from my place, a loop through Nerang then back home. Perhaps run a second set of road wheels/tyres for road rides specifically ? For the longest time i lived in the bush with my own MTB trail network at my door, now living in the city and have always been a fan...
  4. Trevor_S

Sold 2019 Rocky Mountain instinct BC

Can I ask the price? and 27.5?
  5. Trevor_S

What middle chainring ?

Ha ha, yeah, she rides home at night some time from where she "works"... anyone who has ever ridden in Cambodia knows what a crap shoot that can be" I took them off mine and she wanted them on her's :) She wanted to "standout" of course, the problem she faces is that any many many Cambodians...
  6. Trevor_S

Salsa Spearfish ?

Su-si-day, sox-a-bi (Hi, how are you ? in Khmer) I am in Cambodia at the moment, and have been thinking about another bike for when I get back to Aus. I am looking to get a Salsa Spearfish. An HT is out, my back would hate me (riding a 26" HT over here now and I tolerate it 'cause I...
  7. Trevor_S

What middle chainring ?

Hi guys, we're in Camboida at the moment, more about that here We're doing some riding, pics of my girl doing some XC (highest model bike she could find here) Anyway, enough of that. Looking to get some parts for the bike and am unsure about the middle chainring ? Currently have...
  8. Trevor_S

Private Property MTB - Nymboidia, NSW (west of Grafton)

Saturday and Monday saw me doing a couple of big working bee's on the new trail. I have marked it out totally, roughed it in totally and done most of the construction. About 150m of trail work is needed to finish it and then a few jobs that need two people, mainly some benching for about...
  9. Trevor_S

After being overseas for a time and getting a few projects around the property done, it was time to get back to the trails Heaps of new work has been done ! The last couple days have seen work progressing nicely. Toni came out and helped one afternoon to add some of her muscle to a...
  10. Trevor_S

If it gets washed away, you built it wrong ! All our stuff has survived the continual rains we've had here in Northern NSW. Of course, we don't ride them when they are super wet, as this causes too much damage.
  11. Trevor_S

STEEL cyclocross / commuter / touring

Read the entire thread with interest, as I am looking for a bike for me. I thought it was a 29er MTB but that didn't fit what I wanted to really do, so I sold it, now I am thinking cyclocross bike. I have a lot of dirt 4-wd roads where I am, no bitucm until 7km from my front door. I have a...
  12. Trevor_S

We did some tidying up today, there was a part of the trail that had to be aligned underneath a large Spotted Gum, finally got to doing it properly. We had to drag rocks from afar, as we needed to do some 1/2 bench and the rocks where to provide support for the fill. It's never ideal to...
  13. Trevor_S

I encouraged Haydn to get Adrian up there yonks ago (over 12 months ago) to do a massive berm with the excavator, it;s an easy place to get to for the excavator. I am not sure what happened there ? My guess, Mozzie said no and used Adrain elsewhere but who knows ? Anyway, hope the new...
  14. Trevor_S

The decking ? is hardwood tongue and groove (T&G) that has been thrown out by a local mill. We just collect bits longer then we need, then trim off the edge with the electric circular saw when we have finished Free from the offcuts pile just down the road where the local mill dump it :D...
  15. Trevor_S

Haydn is THE MAN when it comes to the aesthetic of a trial, I used to disagree with him over engineering but rarely over flow. You can learn a lot by paying attention to what he has to say. Yeah, that corner was a cock up (of mine) it should have been an in-sloped turn, with a larger radius to...