Recent content by Trumpy

1. T

Husky 50 entry for sale

Can I ask why you listed this as sold for me minutes before listing yours for sale? Didnt realise I had sold my entry yet.....:noidea:
  2. T

Husky 50 entry for sale

50km entry for sale, as I can't make the new date ( 28th Feb). Paid $105 for it, make me an offer! Lowball away!
  3. T

Help! Cassette lockring stuck!!

Try hitting the spanner ( I use a a socket driver instead) with a decent rubber mallet. Often the instant shock load can free up a stuck locking.
  4. T

Anyone gone from older Giant Trance to 2015 model and can comment on the difference?

I moved from a 2012 carbon trance to a 2014 advanced 1, they do ride very differently, although a bit of that is due to setup too. I had my 26" trance set up single ring, pretty light tyres and no dropper post, and was hitting the scales under 12kg. It rode like an xc bike really. The new...
  5. T

Pikes for a Trance. 150mm or 160?

Ahh, just realised that if you set your country ( to remove their VAT) the price dramatically drops, good tip! Cheers!
  6. T

Just looking at chainos and the 150's are $100 cheaper than the 160's, so if they ride much the same then the 150mm might be the go. That's $100 towards the DbInline....
  7. T

Seasucker\Hurricane Fork Up 15mm Rack Thru Axle Adapter

Had one for about 5 years now, they are much cheaper now than when I bought mine! No complaints at all, works as it says on the packet. Can't say I have noticed any scratching over the 4 bikes that have used it, other than normal marks that you would get from the hub interface anyway. A+ would...
  8. T

Hey Burners, Looking for some opinions on a Pike upgrade for my 2014 Trance 27.5. I'll be replacing the 32mm talas 120-140mm, and to be honest I have never touched the talas dial. I'm not sure whether to get the 150mm or 160mm, and how much of a difference I would notice either way. I was...
  9. T

AM Helmet

I'm borderline Med/large at 59cm, went for the large and it fits great. My old Fox Flux was large too, and I wouldn't say the sizing of the Bell feels any different ie a bigger sizing than normal. I reckon your safer winding the adjustment in a bit than not having it fit at all. Heaps better...
  10. T

AM Helmet

Bell Supers $97 this week from Mountainbikesdirect.com.au. I bought one a couple of weeks ago at their normal price and received next day, very happy with it.
  11. T

police and emergency services games

Paid up and entered. Looking forward to it.
  12. T

police and emergency services games

Interested. Would this be suitable for a 5" trail bike (Trance), or would I be a bit outgunned?
  13. T

1x10 without a chainguide

Thanks for all the information and advice in this thread. I converted my 2012 Trance from 3X10 to 1X10 using a 32T Raceface NW ring, keeping the existing XT Shadow plus long cage. Running a new chain at +3 links. Took it for its first ride with the new setup yesterday and what a difference...
  14. T

3T Extendo Team or other similar wide, flat bar

I put an Easton EC70 flat bar on my Giant Xtc to replace the horrible standard flat bar. There is a 9 deg sweep version that is 685 mm from memory. The 9 deg feels much more natural on the wrists. I picked it up from wiggle for around $120, very happy with it.
  15. T

Fizik Gobi, I love it but...

Another '09 Trance owner with a broken Gobi. I noticed mine was broken after the Capital Punishment last year (cleaning all the mud off the bike). Was out of warranty, so I jumped on Fizik's web site and sent them an email, not really asking for anything, just stating that the seat had...