Recent content by tubby74

1. T

New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

One of these has been about to happen in Olympic park for years now, in the carpark beside the BMX track. nothing concrete, just an article every now and then. I don't see how it could be viable on its own.
  2. T

Newly Released Bikes General

do those US prices include sales tax? a lot of times it doesn't as the tax is different in every state, and sometimes even within a state.
  3. T

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

hybrid bike was shifting poorly on the way home so decided to tweak that. then somehow I ended up getting gears right, changing rear brake cable and changing front brake pads. LTIL - wrenching my own bike and having the bits in stock LTIH - cutting cables with crap snips, and so far every one I...
  4. T

Little Things You Love

Guy in the gym combining shoulder raises with what looked like line dancing. Whatever it was he was enjoying hinself
  5. T

Little Things You Hate

Warning said turn off engine and check coolant. Last night when that came on the trmp guage qas maybe 1/3 of the way between its normal position and the red line. The worksheet says perform recall notice xyz, replace heater element and test plan ok. I'm guessing they didnt clamp a hose but i...
  6. T

Little Things You Hate

Well thats gone well. Same warning on startup today, its empty again and a puddle underneath plus whatever is in the catch tray. Who knows what they didnt tighten or attach at all. Thankfully the charge commuter still got me out to the gym to work it off.. Ol faithful, except the time the chain...
  7. T

Newly Released Bikes General

Almost 3k for a hardtail with sx and trp brakes, even for steel. On the plus side makes me feel better about the bargain i got on my current ride
  8. T

Little Things You Hate

Definitely will cos if anything major goes wrong they'll want s lot to fix it
  9. T

Little Things You Hate

Its an 8 year old audi so well out of warranty. Only 60k kms on it though.
  10. T

Little Things You Hate

Roadside guy topped it with water and said drive home but stop of temp goes up and get a coolant flush on monday. Got home ok anyway Looks like pink coolant was splashed about so there was sone there and i got off the road about 1 block after the warning.
  11. T

Little Things You Hate

Car went in for a recall today, some heater element needs replacing. Half way home get a warning to pull over and check coolant. No coolant, and coolant cap is sitting on top of the engine. How careless can you be to not even check with a quick once over? Edit : And its started raining as i...
  12. T

Early retirement / FIRE

Ive been maxing out super for a while since being a contractor. Letting that do its thing for the 20 years until i get it means i only need to look at svaings for the gap. I figure in another 10 years I'll have plenty to make the 10 remaining to preservation age, and my youngest will finish...
  13. T

Little Things You Hate

starting to really hate intersections with more than one turn lane, so many muppets who cant keep in their lane. had a van decide both lanes were his yesterday, then tried to claim I ran into his lane. should add context: just left hospital with news the cancer markers are lowest ever and back...
  14. T

Little Things You Hate

lovely winters day here, rode in to school with the kid, stoped in the park to kick a footie on the way. get to school and there is 1 other bike in the rack, and that was one abandoned there last year. 900 kids all within 4km, most within 1. bike paths to the back gate, but everyone wants to...
  15. T

Easton haven hubs should I buy

cant comment on that in particular by my old kona came with an Easton wheel. freehub crapped out after maybe 1000km and no easton dealer in Oz then. Easton refused to tell me the part so I could order it, instead telling me to go to a store and get them to call the NZ distributor to order the...