Recent content by tunsis

1. T

TAS SOLD: Formula Selva 170mm 275 fork

sure if you give me a warranty against creaky CSUs ;)
  2. T

also would consider swapping for ~160mm 29er boost fork ± cash difference - tell me what you have!
  3. T

fairly certain its restricted to be either 170mm or 180mm.
  4. T

price drop
  5. T

Item: Formula Selva S 170mm 275 2018 boost fork. Location: Hobart, TAS. Will post. Item condition: 100% new, never mounted, never used, in original box. Reason for selling: Bought for a project that never happened - the 29er curse took hold. Price: $750 Extra Info: Exactly as per specs here...
  6. T

Buying Helmets overseas...

MTBD did have a Giro Switchblade sale on, $270 for the not so brill off white colour but its ended now and they are back up at $340. Lots of overseas retailers wont ship helmets to AUS, but I found that jensonusa or bikeinn will deliver Switchblades (with a EU standard that is AS2063...
  7. T

Buying Helmets overseas...

Anybody had any luck with sourcing MTB helmets overseas? Wiggle, CRC, zee Germans all seem to geo-block (though often the AUS standard sticker is present).
  8. T

ubyk-pro website

As you say nobody is forced to buy from them, the wonders of the internet and a global market place. But call a spade a spade, Ubyk actively price gouge on the basis of region. It could be called smart business practice on their part but its certainly ethically dubious to the interests...
  9. T

ubyk-pro website

sorry for the thread necro, but these guys are total shysters. They are UK based. If you use their actual UK site - www.ubyk.co.uk - you get presented with a set of prices + delivery fees applicable for the UK, EU states, USA, most of the rest of the world. You can change currency...
  10. T

VIC Sold - please delete

Swap for a Thomson Elite X4 50mm and dollar adjustment? Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
  11. T

Need help choosing Queensland rural placement!

I recently lived in QLD for 4 years; 3 in Brisbane and 1 in Townsville with a stint in Isa. I would stay as far south as possible for the weather. South Brisbane is probably the epicentre for nearby riding spots to session; but if that is not rural enough then I'd go Gatton / Toowoomba as...
  12. T

Need help choosing Queensland rural placement!

I followed my partner across far North Queensland for her medical placements last year. One thing worth considering is that, for the time of year that you specify its going to be bloody hot, or hot and humid depending on where you are. Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
  13. T

AM Stanton Switchback

that is pimpin'... very nice! :)
  14. T

AM SC Nomad C

It needed resetting out of the box prior to install (as the instructions said it would) but otherwise on the few rides I've used it for it hasnt skipped a beat. Would need a bit more time on it to properly comment. Lovely prompt action, definitely keep your boys out of the way on its return!
  15. T

AM SC Nomad C

well they dont call these dentists bikes for no reason... ;) I've full clip in pedals atm as where I'm riding is very up and down so on the whole they just work better for me. I'm about to move to Tasmania where I imagine flats will be the go.