1. Turner_rider

VIC Thomson Titanium flat bars, SOLD

Still Available??
  2. Turner_rider

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

I could use it for something...
  3. Turner_rider

The Single Speed Thread

Slightly random question but is anyone here going to SSWC 2013 in Italy??
  4. Turner_rider

Top 5 Aussie MTB bikers of all time

I'd throw out Gudax as having a big positive influence as she was a bit of a cow towards a lot of female riders at the races I saw her at.
  5. Turner_rider

New technology - Is riding now too easy?

Yes when I was a boy the lowest gear available for climbing hills as 24-28 and if you got the line really wrong on fast rocky stuff your rims got smashed to pieces... Its interesting though that while some parts back then were quite fragile other things like old 6, 7and 8 speed XT were...
  6. Turner_rider

How many pushy's ya got?

I stopped counting when I got to 20 rideable bikes...
  7. Turner_rider

Rude Riders

I’m not being encouraging or discouraging. I’m pretty hopeless on the downs too but to me the comment (as you've written it) from the other rider is just part of the banter at races. Ok you were on the ground at the time but other than your pride you can’t have been that hurt as you caught them...
  8. Turner_rider

Rude Riders

Well he was factually correct...
  9. Turner_rider

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Dual suspension frames cost normaly cost me $75US. You just have to convince someone to unbolt the rear end and pack into the dead space in the box.
  10. Turner_rider

bike storage in the cave

A bit of dead road tube works well too.
  11. Turner_rider

Where to ride in Tassie?

Drive to the west coast, park at Trial Harbour and ride from there to Granville Harbour and back. Park at Roseberry and ride to Montezuma Falls or do Stirling Valley. That should be enough to fill your days along with driving and exploring
  12. Turner_rider

Difference between Santa Cruz and Intense?

I think you mean Outland ;)
  13. Turner_rider

Road bike or Cyclo cross

My $0.02 worth… I use my cross bike for commuting to work most of the time and its great except the gearing for cross racing/riding with a 46/36 up front and 27-12 cassette is a rather limiting as far as maximum speed goes. If you aren’t really interested in a cross bike or riding one off...
  14. Turner_rider

26 officially done?

I don't remember the Judy coming out in a 29er size...
  15. Turner_rider

Sponsorship and it's influence on you

3/4 of this forum were probably in nappies when she raced...