Recent content by UKDavo

1. UKDavo

Home Brew

This is what I've just done. Left it in Primary for 2 weeks, hopefully the yeast has cleaned up and helped with the clarity. Bottling this weekend! :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. UKDavo

Home Brew

Are you planning on adding stuff during secondary? Like fruit or hops etc? Or simply to take it off the yeast cake and clear up? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. UKDavo

Home Brew

Looking at people's opinions on the following, my draught beer is close to completing fermentation, so I'm tossing up between the following; 1 week in secondary and 2 weeks on bottles OR 3 weeks in bottles. Any suggestions? Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. UKDavo

Home Brew

That's an awesome response! Thanks a lot for that! Definitely cleared a few things up for me! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. UKDavo

Home Brew

Since you've dabbled in lagers, you may be the man in the known, so here goes... I'll be brewing either a Crown lager or a Belgian lager of some sort. I have 1 fermenter and bottles. My question is, do I ferment at 12degrees until fermentation is complete, then bottle and store at room temp...
  6. UKDavo

Home Brew

Ahh okay, good news about the 1st though. What temps were you keeping on the 1st? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. UKDavo

Home Brew

How did you go with the lager? I'm thinking of starting a imitation crown lager soon whilst the temps are fairly low. I can keep a consistent 12-14 easily. You think that'll be okay? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. UKDavo

Home Brew

Ahh okay. I've got a real mean thick glass tankard type glass at home. Think it's about 450ml and I love it. Like you say, the thick glass keeps it cool and it's got a handle so your hands don't warm it up. Love the look of those tulip style Belgian ale glasses though. Looking forward to...
  9. UKDavo

Home Brew

Question for you brewheads. Do you find the type of glasses you use affect the beer you drink? I.e do you use ale glasses or ales and lager glasses for lager? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. UKDavo

Home Brew

Haha! Whoops! I meant grams lol! All good, you guys were right, temps too low. More to a slightly warmer area. It's sitting between 18 and 20 now and it's bubbling away nicely! Cheers guys! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. UKDavo

Home Brew

My yeast was Mangrove Jacks 10kg. I didn't use the 5kg sachet that came with the can. I'll try and move it somewhere warmer and see of that makes a difference. Thanks for the reply Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. UKDavo

Home Brew

Hey guys! Quick question from a complete newbie brewer. I recently purchased a starter kit from Brewcraft in Oakleigh. 1st thing I found, I was given 3 sets of instructions, all of them differed! So basically, I went ahead with the instructions from the guy at the shop. I followed the...
  13. UKDavo

2015 Giant Reign.. All Rounder???

I've got a 2011 Reign and a mate with a 2013 Reign and neither of us struggle with the climbs at all. Not sure if the 2015 comes with the RP23 but we use the Pro Pedal to assist aswell Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. UKDavo

Cleaning & Lubing the Giant

Just a quick update for the Muc-Off disc brake cleaner. Works exactly as specified! Spray on, run it through the pads and leave it 15mins. Came back and bam, no squealing and brakes are firm! Then I hit and puddle and the squeal was ear piercing haha!
  15. UKDavo

Your local club - why join? Why not join?

Nailed it! This is exactly the reason I don't join and the exact reasons I would join.