Recent content by WasabiJim

1. WasabiJim

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

i think somewhere i read that ghetto tubeless can have questionable reliability beyound about 40psi
  2. WasabiJim

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Rim: Single track Rim Strip: 20in BMX tube Rim Tape: stock Sealant Used: stans Tyre: Maxxis ignition 2.1 (not UST) Bead Type: Folding Time to Seat Bead: 15 seconds of air from the compressor Sidewall Leaks: minimal if any. still plenty of slosh lasted just a couple of rides then i got...
  3. WasabiJim

how to brake bleed?

its a bit tricky at first but once you get your head around it after a few attempts and investiung some time it it, its pretty straight forward. just dont expect it to be a no brainer the first try
  4. WasabiJim

Trail hardtail frame to suit 140mm fork?

there are 2 schools of thought for derailer hangers on steel frames i have a 2008 NS Surge. i was looking for a steel frame for trails and commuting but most had really short top tubes and geo for 100mm forks to suit DJing. my brother also got a nurse by germany Solid, steel also and both...
  5. WasabiJim

What rotor size is best?

keep in mind rotational mass has double the weight effect when spinning at speed (have read triple the mass, can anyone clarify?) so 100 grams of spining steel is the same as about 200g of static weight. at larger diameters your breaks have less modulation and tend to get a lock jaw bite...
  6. WasabiJim

Still not sure about buying from CRC?

i give CRC a big tick, bit too afraid look at how much i've spent with them however... had 3 sets of greats wheels. sold one a year later for exactly what i payed for it. forks, bars, stems, 2 steel ht frames... its like bunnings for bikes! but you have to really know your stuff, i've got...
  7. WasabiJim

BQ -> Brisbane to Gold Coast 100kms - what did you use?

yeah it was crazy what some folks were on in the cane fields i overtook this 50something lass on a blue 20in U-frame with whitewalls and busket up front. and what about them kick shooters with the massive 29in front wheels??? 100km on that?!?! i rode a single speed crome NS Surge on kenda...
  8. WasabiJim

Fluid Mountain Bikes

i say bite the bullet and just get out there and ride and just destroy the thing and learn what your particulare need are from there. i know everyone (bar those who ride lefties... tehehe) wants the best value for money, but i think you will find that no matter what bike you get in that...
  9. WasabiJim

Commuter Tyres

i've been enjoying super fat kenda k-rads and a similar schwable (table top?). at 65psi i still find they roll fast, not saying the fastest, but i like the extra comfort and being able to hop gutters, take stairs and so on.
  10. WasabiJim

Fox Rear Shox - DHX 3.0

i had the air 3.0 and didnt like it but that was on a more AM orientated bike and i got a lot of bob. it should be alright on the faith but it is basic as far as adjustments
  11. WasabiJim

Body size maintenance

sounds like you may be over training - but only as far as keeping/gaining size goes if you are weight training 4 times a week, riding and you're under the age of about 21 its gonna be hard to get enough calories down range to support or maintain a degree of bulk cause your metabolism will be...
  12. WasabiJim

XC/AM wheels - help!

after 2 sets of wheels from CRC i've never had a problem. mind you i kept an eye on the spoke tension. i dont trust new wheels after stock single tracks went all noodlely on me. i'd say it would be combination of a factory build vs handmade, the soft nature of the rim material (designed to ding...
  13. WasabiJim

Anyone own/ride/know of CUBE Bikes?

i would say they are over priced because australia is not a market priority. in europe you may find they are as competitive as the us big brands. price aside i think they look the part
  14. WasabiJim

MTB in Malaysia?

i was in borneo a few months back and popped into the local mtb shop - this after half a day of asking directions and walking laps of KK city. he asked me if i wanted to enter a local DH race and pulled out the entry form. and they have some serious moutains you can get some pretty good...