Recent content by whatever13

1. W

Please delete No longer for sale

Why is this not large! Good luck with the sale mate - amazing frame at a great price.
  2. W

LOST Helmet - Bobbin Head, Sydney

Hi all, Managed to leave my helmet and sunnies on the side of the road near the southern/eastern national park entrance gate to Bobbin Head. My hub packed it in on a road ride on Sunday morning and I needed a rescue from the team van (aka the missus in our subie). The helmet is a white MET...
  3. W

All Mountain Tyres

I've run the schwalbe NNs and the predecesor of the purgatory (forgotten the name now) and more XC focused Schwalbe RaRas and crossmarks and to me the grip on the RQs is on a another level to all of those. The rubber is super grippy, the casing is flexible and very tough - but again re the front...
  4. W

All Mountain Tyres

Rubber Queens I run two wheelsets on my mojo one of which has ZTR Flow rims and RQs on - both in the tubeless version with a 2.4 with black chili on the front and a 2.2 without black chili on the rear. Both have fantastic grip and have that nice rounded profile so they don't let go suddenly -...
  5. W

Iliotibial band syndrome

Super tight ITB can cause swelling in the knee though just by pulling things out of alignment and causing irritation/damage to other structures which then swell up so maybe that's what he is talking about rather than the ITB itself being inflamed? I had a lot of knee pain and swelling after...
  6. W

Commuter training

mtb101 - This is great info - the fatigue sounds familiar and the need for that multiple week recovery cycle sounds a great idea. I will definitely give this approach a crack - of course this week I've got yet another cold starting!!! In week 2, are you going hard both directions? In week...
  7. W

Commuter training

So I ride a cyclocross bike with slicks in to work and back 3 to 4 times a week. The ride is fairly hilly both directions and about 14-15kms, it takes about 30-35 minutes. I don't have much time so it's my main fitness / training for the week plus a mtb ride on the weekend. I have a fairly...
  8. W

Warrimoo St Ives Track - Closed (NSW)

Any update on the condition of the track? Sounds like it was pretty bad a few weeks ago ...
  9. W

commuter - disc brake upgrade?

Thanks guys. Missed the deal I was chasing so I'll be waiting a little longer to upgrade but that info is still really useful. I did a back to back test between my commuter's brakes and the ultegras on my other roadie this arvo. Worlds apart in power and feel which it what i thought. I think...
  10. W

FOUND Multi-tool Pacific Highway

Found a multi-tool on the pacific highway just north of the bridge on Friday evening. Let me know if it's yours.
  11. W

commuter - disc brake upgrade?

Hi all, currently commuting on a entry level road bike, with tektro brakes (probably 105 level?) which I upgraded to koolstop salmon pads. It's in pretty good condition but the brakes have never been powerful - I have ultegra on my other bike and they have loads more power in all conditions...
  12. W

Custom Wheels

Twe? Give Greg at TWE a call. He's a Sydney local. I just got a set of XC wheels and they are great. Great service and good prices, give him a call and tell him what you want to do with the wheels and he will put it all together for you. http://www.twebikewheels.com.au/
  13. W

user reviews of Mavic Alpine XL shoes

Hi mate - not the alpines I'm sorry but I do have some Chasms which are fantastic. Good fit for my narrow feet and are holding up well to abuse. Really superb. Very light and stiff. Unfortunately I think you'll find that CRC won't ship Mavic shoes to Australia. I got mine though...
  14. W

Online climbing guides

Even though it's victorian this is the forum to get in contact with the most bluies climbers: http://www.chockstone.org/ Online guides are not great but the best is here: http://www.climb.org.au/index.php?page_id=10&action=region&region_id=2 Why not just go buy a hard copy bluies...
  15. W

tubeless conversion on road tyres??

I had great success commuting on my roadbike with panaracer tyre liners (from wiggle) was getting stacks of flats now I get none. Made of kevlar type stuff and pretty light. You can get them in 26inch or 700c. Also, if you're getting daily punctures maybe check there's no glass embedded in...