Recent content by Winno

1. Winno

QLD Sold Raceface Turbine crankset and bottom bracket

Item: Raceface Turbine crankset and bottom bracket Location: West End, Brisbane Item Condition: good Reason for selling: spare and not being used Price and price conditions: $140. Postage extra Extra Info: 175mm crankset with 38T and 24T rings in good condition. Not sure of the miles on them but...
  2. Winno

QLD Raceface Next carbon handlebar

Item: Raceface Next Carbon handlebar Location: West End, Brisbane Item Condition: good Reason for selling: spare, not being used Price and price conditions: $100 firm Extra Info: 720mm wide, 10mm rise, 31.8mm stem clamp area. Some superficial marks from use. Only selling as I’m not keen on the...
  3. Winno

QLD SOLD Stanton Slackline - UK welded 853 frame, XTR, complete bike

Like it? Let’s talk. I’d like to sell this bike.
  4. Winno

Yeah, it's a dream build. Was about to buy a dropper but dropper or not, I'm just not using the bike. I live 4km from work and only work there 2 days a week. On weekends when I "could" ride, I end up spending the time with family. I have other interests too which are also competing for my time.
  5. Winno

Item: Stanton Slackline (Boost) Location: West End, Brisbane Item Condition: as new Reason for selling: not being used Price and price conditions: $5900 ono Extra Info: UK artisan welded Reynolds 853 steel frame in a gorgeous metallic British Racing Green with sublimated graphics (16.5” size –...
  6. Winno

The Stanton slow build

As it sits this afternoon. I grabbed the last front brake from Pushy’s but still waiting on the cassette from overseas. When that arrives, it’ll be trail time. and yes, I’ll be looking for a dropper soon enough.
  7. Winno

The Stanton slow build

Some parts turned up recently and I decided to build the bike up this morning. Just waiting on a 51-10 XT 12sp cassette and the front brake. Shimano Au are telling my local shop that next shipment is due 2023. Looks like a visit to the bay is in order. Wheels ended up being Mavic XA35 Pro...
  8. Winno

The Stanton slow build

Hope Pro4 28 hole in silver so far but not sure on rims. Will be a custom build as all pre built wheels with Hope hubs don’t quite tick my boxes. I looked at Reynolds and was prepared to go all black until I saw the price for their i9 based sets [emoji15] The Rocky Mountain I had a few bikes...
  9. Winno

The Stanton slow build

That’s the goal for sure. It’s not as easy as it sounds though as most good parts are carbon and/or black. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. Winno

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

Finding a role which helps in this regard was a biggie for me. Sure it means I’m not as high up the ladder as I could have been but my evening and weekends and time with my significant other are so much better off for it. That’s a win surely. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. Winno

The HiFi thread

Vinyl, moving coil cart, 4 box preamp, a streaming transport, Class A/B monoblocks, crazy silver cables and electrostatic speakers with built in DSP It goes alright. Then, there’s the car with a steaming source, older school Class A/B amps, DSP/DAC/preamp, wideband drivers and more crazy...
  12. Winno

The Stanton slow build

Sold my very XC Trek Procaliber 9.8SL a while ago and picked up a nice Trek Madone with Zipps, etc. Got jack of that as I moved right in close to work and it started to gather dust. So sold that too. The best riding was always in the forest and I got stinging for something new and different...
  13. Winno

50Tx32 29er vs 45Tx32 27.5

I’m building a new Stanton Slackline. Previous bike was more XC (Trek Procaliber 9.8SL) with 50T on the back and 29er wheels. It climbed everything. I know the Slackline lives for going down but I hate porting up and like to ride instead of walking if I can. I’m wondering if I can get by this...