Recent content by Yet1

1. Yet1

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

I sold my bike to him (from Vic) a couple years ago and he was nothing but polite and didn't try and screw me for price and even helped me out with arranging shipping.
  2. Yet1

Bell Full 9 Stockists in Melbourne??

[Q I bought mine from Summit Cycles in Fitzroy. I love it (and also have the MX Moto 9-flex helmet).
  3. Yet1

Brake fluid life span

Im at 14 years without a bleed on my old Shimano LX brakes! They have been on several bikes, now on my commuter.
  4. Yet1

E-line the new French-line?

I commute in Melbourne and ride an old fashioned pedal yourself bike and regularly get overtaken by e-scooters and e-skateboards that are going well above 30km/hr (as I was going over 30km/hr myself!). I am more worried that they wont be able to stop as quickly as a bike if they needed to.
  5. Yet1

Injuries. What's your story?

Change of pace from some of the nasty injuries above- my most recent one was..... rotor burn! Fairly stupid crash over the bars after a lot of descending (was at Whistler) and using a lot of rear brake (went through a set of sintered pads on the rear in 5 days...) and somehow the bike landed on...
  6. Yet1

Fox 36 Grip2 lower leg service

Thanks for the advice - makes sense that the bath oil needs to be the same as the damper given it is circulated. Will investigate servicing the damper as well while its apart.
  7. Yet1

Fox 36 Grip2 lower leg service

Gday rotorburners, I have serviced many forks in the past (mostly lower leg services) and the time has come to strip and service my 2019 Grip2 Fox 36 fork. I see on the Fox website that instead of using the gold oil in both legs, you now need some special 5wt teflon infused oil in the Grip...
  8. Yet1

Mt Gambier area XC/AM

Reviving this thread - will be in Mt Gambier in a couple weeks, wondering if its worth throwing my bike in? Trail Forks indicates a few trails near the lake...
  9. Yet1

Whistler questions

Subscribed! I'll be heading there for a week this year too, although was there with a few locals last year. I did 3 days back to back then and I was rooted by the end, but for this year will hope to do 5 days over 7 on mountain days there. There are definitely lots of xc style trails around...
  10. Yet1

Maydena Bike Park

I found the double blacks at Maydena no real harder than the blacks, there was just no 'B-Line' on a lot of the features that you would get on the blue/black trails. Some of the black and double black trails are f$%@n steep. I have happily ridden my 160mm bike on every trail there. Did cop more...
  11. Yet1

AM The Big, Black and Thick German

My 2019 Torque CF8.0 just arrived! Turn around from pressing 'go' on the website was only a week which amazed me. I also got 'boring' stealth black. Am going to put some frame guards on it with some colour..
  12. Yet1

My ultimate bike combo

I have been riding mtb for many years and have at one point or another been a XC guy or a DH rider having gone through 'phases' of only riding the one discipline. But in the last probably 6 or so years I have been enjoying all forms of riding and hence have tried to have a 'do it all' bike - I...
  13. Yet1

Which trail bike? Django/Sight/Fuel

I was in the same boat as you (OP) - having narrowed down to the Fuel EX9.8, Django, Scott Spark 910 but the Norco Optic rather than the Sight. I ended up with a Yeti SB4.5 as I accidentally walked into the wrong bike shop.
  14. Yet1

VIC Wanted - 142x12 axle

I dont recall the end being tapered, so the one at MBD might be the go. I still find it mind boggling that there are so many different standards for holding a rear wheel on. I liked the simpler days of a 9mm QR.
  15. Yet1

VIC Wanted - 142x12 axle

Bugger Bugger - yep definitely 1.5mm threads. Thanks anyway!