Action needed

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Being the only official MTB Club on the northern beaches could we ask what efforts are being put forth in relation to trail advocacy and inparticular the recently released draft rec doc.

Looked at your website,nothing on there.

Being the only Mountain bike club in the northern beaches would it not be fair to say that MWMTB should be at the forefront of trail advocacy and current trail issues?

This important issue has always puzzled myself and other mtbers i know.

Hew

Likes Dirt
I hope I'm not putting myself too far out there to say I represent MWMTB, but being a member I do know most of the people that run the club and I think its fair to say they have a lot on their plate.

Rob (Club President) puts a HUGE amount of effort into the club, as well as managing a full time job and from what I've seen does it for not many thanks at all. I haven't been involved in the club for a good 10 months or so, but when I left I know that the club was at the forefront of trail advocacy and I think they were doing a bloody good job as well! The council's on the Northern Beaches aren't exactly easy to deal with most of time, like many other council's, so progression will always be slow and the battle will always be hard.

If you feel like you deserve better trails and feel that MWMTB are the ones who look after this, then I say join up and become one of those people on the forefront. Not just one of the people who complains about the lack of trails, yet lets other people do all the hard work for them. :)

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
I hope I'm not putting myself too far out there to say I represent MWMTB, but being a member I do know most of the people that run the club and I think its fair to say they have a lot on their plate.

Rob (Club President) puts a HUGE amount of effort into the club, as well as managing a full time job and from what I've seen does it for not many thanks at all. I haven't been involved in the club for a good 10 months or so, but when I left I know that the club was at the forefront of trail advocacy and I think they were doing a bloody good job as well! The council's on the Northern Beaches aren't exactly easy to deal with most of time, like many other council's, so progression will always be slow and the battle will always be hard.

If you feel like you deserve better trails and feel that MWMTB are the ones who look after this, then I say join up and become one of those people on the forefront. Not just one of the people who complains about the lack of trails, yet lets other people do all the hard work for them. :)
I rang up to join and see what’s happening on the trail advocacy front, but got yeah were doing things behind the scenes, thanks for your call. Cant remember who it was but i ended up getting the feeling they didnt want any help.

i do not feel like i deserve better trails, i want eveeryone to have better trails, I never complain about the lack of trails, as we certainly don’t have that problem on an "informal" or illegal basis. And am certainly not one to sit back.cheers

As before i would like to know what action has been made of late by MWMTB, as i could not find any information being relayed to Northern Beaches Mountain Bikers anywhere. From looking at their site, it seams they are a little more race focused, would that be fair?

I do realize that everyone is busy, and they have races and so on to organize.

With trail advocacy issues continually arising, the only front i "see" making an effort is nobmob members and its owner, why is this?

If the main "driver" for trail advocacy is too busy with important commitments, maybe they should call for a new trail advocacy rep to push for more legal trails of all disciplines in the area.

Hew

Likes Dirt
I rang up to join and see what’s happening on the trail advocacy front, but got yeah were doing things behind the scenes, thanks for your call. Cant remember who it was but i ended up getting the feeling they didnt want any help. Fair enough, don't know whats going on there.

i do not feel like i deserve better trails, i want eveeryone to have better trails, I never complain about the lack of trails, as we certainly don’t have that problem on an "informal" or illegal basis. And am certainly not one to sit back.cheers Sorry mate, I came forward a bit strong there, I didn't mean to have a go at you or say that you were one of those 'lazys' :p

As before i would like to know what action has been made of late by MWMTB, as i could not find any information being relayed to Northern Beaches Mountain Bikers anywhere. From looking at their site, it seams they are a little more race focused, would that be fair? Yeah it probably would be fair to say that. But then on the other hand, what exactly is the defined job of a club? A club is for people to meet up and to ride/race, not to sort out trails for other people. I know that a lot of clubs are the forefront of organising new trails, sustaining current ones, and sorting out business with the council, and MWMTB is one of those clubs, but it is quite a small club with only a few diehard members who put a lot of time and effort into this.

I do realize that everyone is busy, and they have races and so on to organize.

With trail advocacy issues continually arising, the only front i "see" making an effort is nobmob members and its owner, why is this? It may be because the members and it's owner of NobMob are indeed the purest of mountain bikers, and most of them have been doing it on the Northern Beaches for quite a while, and thus feel responsible to look after the trails they so dearly love.

If the main "driver" for trail advocacy is too busy with important commitments, maybe they should call for a new trail advocacy rep to push for more legal trails of all disciplines in the area.
I don't know what happened this year, because I missed the Annual Club Meeting, but I know that last year there were a few new positions changed around, but I do believe that everyone high up in the club is managing a full time job/kids/marriage also.

I don't want to start making up excuses or anything for a lack of effort, but I have to say that it is something that takes a lot of commitment and alot of people these days simply cannot manage such time consuming tasks.

We could indeed appoint some new people to manage such issues, but then we run into the same sorts of problems. To properly represent the club in trail advocacy you need to be properly trusted by the club and its members to produce proper arguments, represent the club in a proper manor and such.
Which is exactly why I'm not going to go much further into this, as I do not feel I am able to represent the club properly, as I don't know enough about the situation, and have been out of the loop for quite a while.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Which is exactly why I'm not going to go much further into this, as I do not feel I am able to represent the club properly, as I don't know enough about the situation, and have been out of the loop for quite a while.
Cheers mate,we'll have to see if someone from the trail advocacy side of things at MWMYB can clear it up for us.