Sticky Guide RSC levers

sticholas

Cannon Fodder
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced slow to return levers on their Guides when the weather is warm? Mine nearly seized 10km from home the other day as the temperature increases during the day. Managed to just about save the ride by pouring water over the levers periodically to cool them down. Not good, especially at the start of summer!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nautonier

Eats Squid
There's an entire thread on this issue. It's a manufacturing defect that will be replaced under warranty, so head to your nearest lbs, preferably the one where you purchased you bike or brakes and they'll replace them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is a lot of info on here already.

If you aren't eligible for warranty, there is a guy on here that does the repair as well. He did one of my crew's brakes recently and the result is awesome.

sticholas

Cannon Fodder
There is a lot of info on here already.

If you aren't eligible for warranty, there is a guy on here that does the repair as well. He did one of my crew's brakes recently and the result is awesome.
I bought the brakes from a German website so I'm wondering whether SRAM will warranty them. Out of curiosity, do you know what the guy did to fix them?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I bought the brakes from a German website so I'm wondering whether SRAM will warranty them. Out of curiosity, do you know what the guy did to fix them?

They need new pistons, earlier incarnations had pistons with too small tolerances that would swell and bind. Warranty shouldn't be a problem.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

He machined and installed new pistons etc and vacuum bled the brakes.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers

Serial numbers are on the calipers, and indicate manufacturing year and week. As long as they're less than 2 years old, SRAM should warranty them.

Failing that, just buy two sets of lever internals and fix them yourself.