Option to lower saddle height when dropper is lowest possible.

Hi Guys,

I got a new bike and it came with a 150mm dropper, which is awesome getting the seat right out of the way. Problem is, it sits about 15mm too high when fully extended. The post is slammed down to the collar so cannot adjust it any lower.

My question is, can i get a saddle that is more "slimline", I have tried searching for this but most product don't even seem mention this measurement as a spec.

Just trying to find a way to get required height without micro-adjusting it back down each time and avoiding purchasing/installing a whole new post. plus losing that 150mm drop. Without doing something stupid like trimming my new frame down lol.

Cheers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Do you have to run the post fully extended?

From memory the DMR stage 1 was a relatively low profile seat. Do you have a well stocked lbs at which you can make some physical comparisons?

Do you have to run the post fully extended?
I went for a ride the other day and everytime i bought the seat back up for the peddle sections it was too much mucking around trying to adjust it back to a good height. and i don't think the reverb can be height limited in any ways

Yeah, I am struggling to find a good LBS in Brisbane with stock, most shops i know are manufacture branded or don't hold much stock.

Z

Zaf

Time for a 125mm dropper.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
150mm with a shorter stack height!
Or you can pop yourself on the rack and give yourself a good stretch.

Alternatively, do this right and just make sure you don't mention it if any warranty comes up. No one is going to measure your seat tube on a claim.

moorey

call me Mia
150mm with a shorter stack height!
Or you can pop yourself on the rack and give yourself a good stretch.

Alternatively, do this right and just make sure you don't mention it if any warranty comes up. No one is going to measure your seat tube on a claim.
Have done this on a couple of alloy bikes. Generally for kids. Worth consideration.

goobags

Likes Dirt
I’ll trade you my 125mm dropper as I’m getting close to minimum insertion. 31.6mm diameter and internally routed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John U

MTB Precision
Thanks Guys,

Decided i'll bite the bullet and get a new dropper post.
Good decision. Consider a post sacricial, frame, not so much. Also consider how low you really need it to go. You might not even need the full 125 mm of drop. This might open up your options a bit.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I attached a length of stainless brake cable from the dropper to the seat clamp that I can adjust on my sons bike as he grows to limit the travel. He is up to about 90mm drop now. Started at 60mm.
Not a permanent solution but in case any other parents were reading this thread...