Sealant? What does the best job

stirk

Burner
Try taking the wheel off the bike, pump it up to about 40 psi and wobble it on its sides for a while. I had the same problem on a newly mounted tyre and now it sealing fine .
I'll persevere for a while longer, I'll submerge in a pool and see where it bubbles might be a problem with my valve or rim tape.

I thought you must have been scrubbing the wheels with some kind of brush while you were washing it...
I only ever light hose my bike down, never even use soap, it always looks dusty.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Joe's or stans.

Rubena stuff was a pain in the arse, we ended up throwing it out.

Did play with peatys the other day, looked promising. Keen to see how it goes long term.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stans RACE.

It has small fibreglass strands in it.
Will seal bigger holes.
Cannot install via valve hole though.

I sampled the micro fibreglass strands in the back of my car when I left a high inflated tire in their in the sun and it exploded off the rim so I know they are in there. Itchy.....
To look at the fresh Stans Race it looks just like the normal stuff.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Joe's or stans.

Rubena stuff was a pain in the arse, we ended up throwing it out.

Did play with peatys the other day, looked promising. Keen to see how it goes long term.
What happened with the Rubena?

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I buy Joes in bulk, 1L bottles. Cheaper than others and works consistently. Happy days

clockworked

Like an orange
it's worth remembering that carparts shops usually carry a tyre sealant most of the time too, especially if you're in a bind out of hours or don't want to wait for online delivery

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
What happened with the Rubena?
Few batches came out with too much liquid, each bottle was never the same. Had wheels that refused to seal with Rubena, instant success with Joe's. It also turns into a rich royal mess if you're putting an existing tyre on that's been tubeless, alot more precleaning required. It's one sealant I'll not go near again..

If you're running a workshop you want consistent product.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Few batches came out with too much liquid, each bottle was never the same. Had wheels that refused to seal with Rubena, instant success with Joe's. It also turns into a rich royal mess if you're putting an existing tyre on that's been tubeless, alot more precleaning required. It's one sealant I'll not go near again..

If you're running a workshop you want consistent product.
That doesn't sound good but I've had a good run out of the last bottle I bought. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be more watery as it takes a lot longer to dry out compared to other brands. One thing I found is that you've got to use the exact amount stated for each tyre size.

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Tried some of the Peaty's stuff the other day. Bought a wire bead tyre which wouldn't seal properly using normal stands, has since sealed up using Peaty's so i suppose that glittery crap does work after all.

MrPlow

TMBC
Try Peaty's Sealant, get it through your LBS via Lusty.
Phil Atwill and our WC team Propain Dirt Zelvy have been using it all season. great stuff. We will offer it with our tubeless kits in the new year.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It should come in a pint glass, just quietly

. If I knew we could get it in aus from a lbs I wouldn’t have bought a bottle of orange stuff

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Watching him win in canberra with Warner screaming “i think im having a stroke” is one of the best moments in mtb history.

It would make for a great chrissy pressie, like the beer and glass pack you get from the bottlo