Can I silent glue this, short term

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Better option is the xt m785’s on here. A little overpriced at $170, but room for negotiations.
Depends if you like the old Shimano stuff better than the new stuff.

I've been hoarding enough XTR m980 shifters and XT m785 brakes to keep me in 10 speed heaven till I go to actual heaven.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You mean 785? I think most people have enough spares to donate if we could get them there economically. Except the le toy and imperial with super monsters.

I haven't ridden the wifes bike with 785 to really tell but IMO on the short rides I've had they feel nicer/better at the lever than the m8000, even the lever assembly feels more robust. Wouldn't bother me at all to go backwards there.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Better option is the xt m785’s on here. A little overpriced at $170, but room for negotiations.
You do realise that M675 & M785 are exactly the same thing, only the SLX version has the contact stroke adjuster deleted & blanked off.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Indeed I do, hence the comparison between 785 and m8000 when the actual item in question was 675.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You mean 785? I think most people have enough spares to donate if we could get them there economically. Except the le toy and imperial with super monsters.

I haven't ridden the wifes bike with 785 to really tell but IMO on the short rides I've had they feel nicer/better at the lever than the m8000, even the lever assembly feels more robust. Wouldn't bother me at all to go backwards there.
Nope m765s. Check the picture.

A stupid brake to release as a dh brake given that the pads were 40% smaller than the m755s.

safreek

I meant that they are here, complete, ready to ride and probably cheaper.
and by cheap, howw cheap are we talking and do they fit a dually, any workable brake would be good. Going out for a proper ride tomorrow so will need to bring a pocketful of rubberbands, talk about carrying weight

stirk

Burner
You’re talking to the wrong person. All I’m saying is, don’t be Jewy on brakes.
A jewy will test the drag on your Shimano reel, hopefully you have a good well maintained drag system to put the brakes on the jewy when it runs. Keep the washers oiled and you'll be right.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nope m765s. Check the picture.

A stupid brake to release as a dh brake given that the pads were 40% smaller than the m755s.

fair enough, I didn't even know of that saint version, variations of these XT are what google through up when I went looking for m765

Caliper looks to be the same, but lever looks more touring than mtb

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
and by cheap, howw cheap are we talking and do they fit a dually, any workable brake would be good. Going out for a proper ride tomorrow so will need to bring a pocketful of rubberbands, talk about carrying weight
I agree with not cheaping out on brakes.... that's why I recommend hairties over rubber bands