The last movie you've last watched last

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Blade Runner 2049. Enjoyed it. Great movie.
It has a freaking awesome sound track.

My guys and I had just finished building a new cinema, we went bananas with over specced speakers, including surround subwoofers.

The blade runner 2049 sound track played cleanly with peaks of 112db made my skin tingle.

slowmick

38-39"

My guys and I had just finished building a new cinema, we went bananas with over specced speakers, including surround subwoofers.

The blade runner 2049 sound track played cleanly with peaks of 112db made my skin tingle.
Home cinema or public cinema?

John U

MTB Precision
Wanted to see it on the big screen but was too slow. Sound would have been awesome.

Fairly bleak version of the future.

Beej1

Wanted to see it on the big screen but was too slow. Sound would have been awesome.

Fairly bleak version of the future.
IMAX will throw a few sessions in as the Oscars approach. Worth watching there. The sound is the best I've heard in Melb (so far). That first heavy synth roll after the prologue, and the spinner flying over, makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Which one which one!?!?
This was Classic cinemas, aud5. In elsternwick. My personal favourite. Concrete walls there so there is no need to roll off any bass for fear of upsetting other auditoriums, and no super close residents. No commercial cinema runs at full volume level, you won't get peaks of 112db in a public screening.

Most of the Vmax's village have had this treatment too with bass managed surrounds. Adds a significant dimension to action films.

If I could bring any film back to commercial cinema to play LOUD, it would be the opening scene of hurt locker.

John U

MTB Precision
It certainly is a good watch. Which do you prefer?
Hard to say as it’s been a long time since I saw the original. I really liked the continuation of the almost constant darkness and wet weather in both movies, and the mixture of languages within single interactions. Even with the extended gap between the movies they fit well together for me.
I also really enjoyed the attempts at predicting what the future might be like. There was some really interesting stuff in that.
I watched it on blu Ray. It had 3 short stories to explain significant events between both movies. I watched all of those before I watched 2049. I thought they added to 2049.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This was Classic cinemas, aud5. In elsternwick. My personal favourite. Concrete walls there so there is no need to roll off any bass for fear of upsetting other auditoriums, and no super close residents. No commercial cinema runs at full volume level, you won't get peaks of 112db in a public screening.

Most of the Vmax's village have had this treatment too with bass managed surrounds. Adds a significant dimension to action films.

If I could bring any film back to commercial cinema to play LOUD, it would be the opening scene of hurt locker.
Large rooms cannot be beat for bass impact.

Saying that, I've built home theatres with commercial speakers, and have hit 140db from the listening position. It's like being kicked in the chest, but small rooms will always be small rooms.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hard to say as it’s been a long time since I saw the original. I really liked the continuation of the almost constant darkness and wet weather in both movies, and the mixture of languages within single interactions. Even with the extended gap between the movies they fit well together for me.
I also really enjoyed the attempts at predicting what the future might be like. There was some really interesting stuff in that.
I watched it on blu Ray. It had 3 short stories to explain significant events between both movies. I watched all of those before I watched 2049. I thought they added to 2049.
I think they were stuck together well. I usual hate on sequel after sequel after sequel franchise building. I still feel the first has the better story/plot. I felt the new could stand on its own without the original, showing the strength of its own story. It was also very visually impressive. But I don't normally put much stock in that. I need a good story.

I found the short films on you tube after seeing it in cinema. They were good.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Mrs Doubtfire. Watched this on the return flight. It was pillarboxed since it had been reformatted for a different size plane seat many moons ago. I still smiled throughout. It's a shame the local blu-ray has gone out of print, some day I'll get myself one.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

I was genuinely surprised by the soundtrack considering they put Hans Zimmer in charge. He did a pretty sweet homage to Vangelis almost for the entire film.

Shame he lost his restraint right at the very end though. I was wishing so hard that they played the original Blade Runner 'end credits' tune - it's a dead set classic. I mean, I've seen an entire nightclub full of off-chops ravers go nuts to it for farks sake but nah. Hans had to give it the old BLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMAMNNNANNNNGGGGHHHGGGGHHHH that he loves so much.

Fucks sake, Hans.

(That said he did do a bang on job on Dunkirk)

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Warm Bodies. I really liked it. Nothing revolutionary in terms of conclusion but enough interesting concepts.

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
First off, wesadude, I hope you work evening shifts 'cause you seem to start a lot of movies at midnight.

Just watched Brawl in Cell Block 99. So much bone breaking hilariousness. Pure rubbish if you're looking for an original story.