Chin Guard - where do you carry it?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
This is true.
I just linked the first hook/loop strap that came up ....
The point if the ebay link is that there is an entire market place of straps, tie-ons, tie-ups, buckles, velcro jobbies on there. I've bought a few different sizes & styles for motorcycle luggage & mtn bike securing etc...cheap & cheerful.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm thinking about buying a helmet with a removable chin guard, like a Giro Switchblade.
So for those of you who have one already, when the guard is removed, where do you carry it?
I don't really want to always have to carry my camelback/backpack. And I don't like the idea of crashing onto my back while the chin guard is strapped there.
Does anyone fix it to their handlebars? Or somehow fix it inside the front triangle??
If you're planning on crashing whilst the chin guard is on your back, it should probably be out front of your chin....

petertronica

Likes Dirt
If you're planning on crashing whilst the chin guard is on your back, it should probably be out front of your chin....
Let me re-phrase that:

Has anyone found a handy place to stash their chin guard when they're not wearing it, so that if they're unlucky enough to crash onto their back (over-the-bars style crash) while it's stashed there, it won't stab them in the spine or kidney?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
You can put it in your backpack if you have one of the EVOC FR bags. They all come with a back protector and lifetime crash replacement warranty. Well built bags and some you can store a full face on too.

Boom King

I thought that the Proframe had also passed the DH testing requirements although I don't have any evidence on hand to support that.
Anyone who has worn a full face helmet knows exactly how hot and uncomfortable they can be, this is especially true for Enduro racers! Fox listened to racers and developed the Proframe with Enduro in mind. While some companies have decided the utilise removable chin bars, Fox took another approach: keep weight down and offer market leading ventilation and protection. With 24 large vents (15 inlets, 9 exhaust) and a visor that helps channel air, you'll have the absolute best possible ventilation! Combined with its low weight (750g for a medium) this is a high performing full face for riders that need to charge up and down. Best of all, it is ASTM downhill certified!

Boom King

I have always found that the Fox full face lids aka Carbon Rampage had far more vents and better airflow than any of the others, the Proframe is just an extension on this and is my go to for anything other than National and State DH type events.
Why not, given it's DH certified?