Online retailers trusted/scammers

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Hard is perhaps the wrong word, as it should be easy at the customer end. More that they deliberately leave some out of stock items displayed when utilising the in stock only filter. It is a frustrating marketing toy.
CRC are WAY better than a bunch of cockroaches like probikekit. Never buying from those shitstains again. I ordered and paid for some clothing, and 2 of 3 shorts got delivered, the 3rd showed on the tracking as still being at the warehouse. After several follow-up emails, they FINALLY admitted that the shorts were out of stock and they had them on back order from the supplier. another month or so (2??) went by, and then they just decided to cancel the order and refund me. Stuff them. other retailers can have my business. I could never trust that I would get what I paid for from them ever again, especially as everything I ordered and paid for was listed as being IN STOCK.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fortunately I haven't been stung like that. I have been caught out by crc in a similar fashion a few times, most recent being some amazing forks. Purchased, apparently dispatched(!), then didn't arrive, then told they were out of stock, refund only option, then they were listed again a few days later...purchased again and now they are mine.

Scotty675

Cable thief
It’s good to see a thread on this. Touch would I’ve never been scammed but normally shop at the reputable sites, crc, merlin, jenson, pushy, mtb direct etc. I nearly bought a frame from mtbsale but something didn’t seem right when they only wanted payment with credit card and price really was to good to be true. I only shop with PayPal as I like the security.

scblack

Leucocholic
CRC are WAY better than a bunch of cockroaches like probikekit. Never buying from those shitstains again. I ordered and paid for some clothing, and 2 of 3 shorts got delivered, the 3rd showed on the tracking as still being at the warehouse. After several follow-up emails, they FINALLY admitted that the shorts were out of stock and they had them on back order from the supplier. another month or so (2??) went by, and then they just decided to cancel the order and refund me. Stuff them. other retailers can have my business. I could never trust that I would get what I paid for from them ever again, especially as everything I ordered and paid for was listed as being IN STOCK.
I have bought stuff from ProBikeKit, including Cinelli frame, tyres and roadie parts. Never had a problem. Admittedly I have not bought from them for a year or more now. But never had an issue.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Not used them but had Bike Componets price match an item as I felt shipping cost was a tad steep.
I've had B-C price match (well beat actually) in the past too, but you can't buy certain brands from them now...

Scotty675

Cable thief
I bought a pair of shoes from bikeinn, great price but shipping was really slow. Took 28 days to see shoes. They were slow to return emails as well as I was getting worried after 3 weeks. That is my only experience with them.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Has anyone bought from Cicli Mattio? Have recently started showing up with decent prices on google shopping results haha.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Anyone used a freight forwarder to bring in geoblocked stuff from German stores? Just can't find the stuff I want anywhere else.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Has anyone bought from Cicli Mattio? Have recently started showing up with decent prices on google shopping results haha.
Yep, got a pair of bontrager tyres half price. Can't remember details but I was happy.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone used a freight forwarder to bring in geoblocked stuff from German stores? Just can't find the stuff I want anywhere else.
Shipito have a warehouse in Austria

Need to add VAT which will be about 17% to the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Yep, got a pair of bontrager tyres half price. Can't remember details but I was happy.
Interesting. What was the postage speed and tracking like ? What payment system did you use - normal credit card, or PayPal ?

LPG

likes thicc birds
Interesting. What was the postage speed and tracking like ? What payment system did you use - normal credit card, or PayPal ?
I would have used paypal. Can't remember tracking or postage time as I wasn't in a hurry as the current tyres had plenty of life. I do remember that I was pretty happy with the service so it would have probably been roughly 5-10 days delivery. I just checked my email and I didn't see any tracking numbers so it's possible they didn't offer with the cheapest shipping.