How to Building a bike (Hope HB.160)

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Yeah, that kinda stirred something down in my loins. So, so nice.
(the "music" was annoying though.....nitpicking)

So, quick 'burner Fantasy Survey:
A great Auntie suddenly dies & leaves you a small fortune. So, naturally, you call Hope immediately & order an HB160.

Some time later your buddies call up & arrange a day on the trails. So you bring along your shiny new piece of Mtn bike perfection.
A couple of hours into the ride (and many kilometers from the car park) it's starts to rain & the trails quickly turn into an apocalyptic mess of mud, water, clay, sand, & more more mud.

Do you:
a) Just keep riding like a Boss 'coz you don't care now that you're stinkin' rich?

b) Panic & perform a trail side Kamikaze suicide ritual in an attempt to atone for taking THAT bike out in the rain...?

c) Whip out your fork steerer-mounted 10 ft x 10 ft collapsible markee tent & quickly get that sucker under cover & wait out the storm (for days if needed....)....?

d) Quickly pick the bike up (presumably with only 1 or 2 fingers) and carefully carry it back to the trail head where you can spend hours carefully disassembling and cleaning each & every part & surface.

e) None of the above because the automatic locking system on the glass vacuum-sealed display box in your living room doesn't open without a retina scan, finger print, encrypted key & an up-to-the-minute weather forecast.

:D

Calvin27

Eats Squid
@2:01 when he opened the drawer lol!

My bike builds look and sound nothing like that. Lots of swearing and half the time I spend online looking for bits lol!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
A. Deffinately A. Reasoning being that the bike is designed for the UK, and they never get to ride in the dry. And if it couldn’t handle abit of moistness I’d put it in a cabinet and spend some more of aunties money on a curtis XR650.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Yeah, my build vid would be a lot more about me dropping small parts on the floor, swearing and then getting a torch to shine under the work bench to try and find a shim or other tiny part I have no replacement for.

Seriously tho, I get that they probably technically deliver bikes with tubes in them but why on earth would you include that in the vid. So un-enduro.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apparently 8 coming to Australia. Ben the bike tech has ordered 2 of them for his shop .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
a: ride it hard in the rain. then get the hope mechanic to build me a second one - and put a frikken KS LEV dropper on it instead of that reverb POS. Also, hope mechanic would fit DVO fork and shock for a more unified green theme.