Little Things You Love

twitchie

Likes Bikes
Went for a ride at Lysterfield late this arvo,
1. Was talking to a bloke who took some time out of his day to gave me directions and info on a good loop
2. When i started having derailour issuse (bent my hanger and derailour) about 3 or 4 blokes that rode past on separate occasions asked if i was ok and needed a hand.

Even tho i had to limp/walk my way to the car, just those helpful gestures made the trip back seem like nothing
Its great that the mtb community is helpful/ willing to stop to lend a helping hand.

I was 5.8ks into my ride when it was cut short, which what could have been my best ride so far considering the situation.

link1896

Mr Greenfield

I'm a few bikes short, and none of the significant women in my life look like her, but otherwise it's pretty close to reality.

For a fleeting moment I considered a fire sale before I start down the path to divorce, but nah, I'll move the stash.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good tradies - got an electrician in today doing a few jobs. turned up on time, gave quote when he said he would, one of the lights cracked as he installed the cover ( I was watching him and he was being very gentle) so he took it upon himself to head to bunnings and ask for refund (they refused but that will be my fight) and get replacements.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Bunnings refused a refund???

I regularly return with a box full of stuff, they scan it & give me my money back on anything that they sell.

Yes, I'm not always sure where I bought stuff so I just take it all there & try my chances ;-)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
good tradies - got an electrician in today doing a few jobs. turned up on time, gave quote when he said he would, one of the lights cracked as he installed the cover ( I was watching him and he was being very gentle) so he took it upon himself to head to bunnings and ask for refund (they refused but that will be my fight) and get replacements.
If you can find a sparkie who'll install the shit you purchased, marry them! This is the number one thing that pisses the precious little prima donnas off.

The fact he was taking care with it, and didn't fly into an uncontrollable rage, flinging said item into the nearest mammal, is just the cherry on top.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hanging up on a dickhead apprentice when he calls for help on a dead simple job.

I’ve struggled with him for the past two years. Couldn’t get him sacked because he crawled up the other two head techs arses.
First time out today on his own (with a good, mature TA whose been with is 5 yrs) and he turned a 2hr max job into 7, 3hrs of which in overtime, AND clocked himself in the noggin with a jimmy bar and broke his nose. Doing all the bad habits I’ve tried to get out of him.

Suck shit arsehole, enjoy the deep end.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bunnings refused a refund???

I regularly return with a box full of stuff, they scan it & give me my money back on anything that they sell.

Yes, I'm not always sure where I bought stuff so I just take it all there & try my chances ;-)
we bought this stuff just under a year ago but only just got around to getting it installed. they told the sparky maybe we kicked the boxes in that time. They weren't stored on the floor and no damage to the boxes. it wasn't his fight so I'll go back and take it up, but I appreciate his effort in getting things done. He bought the extra lights so the job got finished that day, which is worth a lot when the alternative was still me going to bunnings to buy more and argue the returns, and organise another day fore him to visit. now we've got a good local guy like this we won't put off jobs so long.