The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My mind is seeing: the fat Plumpton bogan with a skinny teenager and two versions of Homer's dad. Best result would be a dark comedy I think.
Pulling some humour in is a good idea. Those characters are in. I'm going towards some regular every day rangers come across the timber poachers, who have "accidentally" killed a native or two while going about their activities. Anyway rangers are set to throw the book at them when the tables turn...and then there is the need to dispose of the bodies in a way that they will never be found.

John U

MTB Precision
I ended up with 2 fat Albert rear tyres for the young fellas bike. I’m going to mount it anyway. Should I run it with same (correct) rotational direction on the front or opposite to the back?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I think I'm going crazy but rear wheel endcaps are supposed to stay stationary during wheel rotation right? Otherwise it looks like the ends will chew away at my frame if they spin with the wheel.

My non drive-side endcap (slip on) look's like its seized to the hub and drive side endcap (threaded) comes off fine.

moorey

call me Mia
Does the axle spin fine, on the bearings, inside, or does the endcap try to spin when in the frame and done up?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Axle spins fine, just when I chuck the wheel on the bike, the tighter the axle ends are, the harder it is for the wheel to spin (which looks like the grooves on the endcaps digging into the frame more).

Bike recently spent 2 days riding in rain and crazy mud so I assume that attributed to the endcap seizing somehow .. will need to swing by a LBS with a round vice as its stuck on pretty damn well

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I ended up with 2 fat Albert rear tyres for the young fellas bike. I’m going to mount it anyway. Should I run it with same (correct) rotational direction on the front or opposite to the back?
I like to flip them into a 69er, but I think it is personal preference.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I like to flip them into a 69er, but I think it is personal preference.
Yeah, I have made sbit up like that when someone notices I put the front tyre on backwards... you know this way for traction so you flip it around for braking? You fuckwit.

Quietly change it latter...

Staunch

Eats Squid
Are there any companies that make thinner brake adapters than others? More specifically IS to Post mount adapters.

A few times I've discovered combos of frames/forks/wheels/discs that don't work together, but every adapter I have is the same width. I know back in the day they had some massive adapters for brakes on forks, but these days it seems as if they're all pretty similar...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Are there any companies that make thinner brake adapters than others? More specifically IS to Post mount adapters.

A few times I've discovered combos of frames/forks/wheels/discs that don't work together, but every adapter I have is the same width. I know back in the day they had some massive adapters for brakes on forks, but these days it seems as if they're all pretty similar...
A2z and Kcnc make some thinner style adapters. You can get them from Ebay or Bike24.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk