You know you're getting old when ...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've lost complete knowledge of Fox and Rockshox forks and rear shocks ... Not that I'm not interested, but I just couldn't be arsed.
It is race to make as many standards as possible so everyone has to read the manual.
Just go SLX and fully rigid, that'll do it :thumb:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
you buy a new triple crankset for your bike, along with some tubes. 26" tubes at that
Haaa haaa ... I just built up a 26" with 26/38 ... Running a front mech was a challenge with the dropper ... But I think I got it setup nice ... 2.25 tires with tubes as well ... So bloody skinny ... I'm calling it 'back to the future'

YKYGOW => when fracking a pissy knee graze isn't healed after a week and is a little red around the edges ... I never use to bandage these things ... But now I've got to keep it covered and clean the bloody thing FFS. Thinking I need to upgrade my medikit in the car with some antiseptic and bigger bandages so I can sort it at the car then and there... Meh

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Haaa haaa ... I just built up a 26" with 26/38 ... Running a front mech was a challenge with the dropper ... But I think I got it setup nice ... 2.25 tires with tubes as well ... So bloody skinny ... I'm calling it 'back to the future'

YKYGOW => when fracking a pissy knee graze isn't healed after a week and is a little red around the edges ... I never use to bandage these things ... But now I've got to keep it covered and clean the bloody thing FFS. Thinking I need to upgrade my medikit in the car with some antiseptic and bigger bandages so I can sort it at the car then and there... Meh
Dettol and a wire brush. :thumb:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Do you rate McKayos as a fun day out with mates for the mature gent? I'm keen as but I've missed there first 2.
A friend had the audacity to schedule their wedding on the same day, but apparently *I* was the bad guy for hoping it'd be called off.

Next year, looks like a bunch of giggles!

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Do you rate McKayos as a fun day out with mates for the mature gent? I'm keen as but I've missed there first 2.
That's what it's all about. There's some hard core dudes n dudetts up the pointy end, but for me it was all about having a blast. Would have been good with some mates, if you know of any send em my way, mine were a pack of pikers. The best bit was the range of terrain, the snow was a novelty, and a fun difference from the norm, bit of urban through the village, with plenty of stairs. Onto the single track, which was fuggnawesomeness, then fast, steep, loose, rocky 4wd track with even looser 90°+ corners to burn your brakes out, paved downhills which tested your confidence in your tyres stickiness. Finish up with a river crossing (which I was too chicken to take, looked fast n COLD) and a quick blast through a dam (the structure not the big puddle). A free beer from Bright Brewers, a feed from the Food Store and a shuttle back up from Bogong Village by Blue Dirt capped off a brilliant day. I'll definitely be back, and after missing the first 2, I'm wrapped I moved heaven and earth to get there this year, despite the universe trying to stop me. I think I'll take the boy too, can't rely on the other old farts to follow through it seems. Hell, a lot of the competitors even skied the arvo out.

As for the mature part, fuck off! I finished 3rd last, but top 10 in the masters U50 and don't want anymore competition.

I have some gopro footage I'll post up when I get off my arse and download it.

The only downer for the day were the 2 climbs. If I sign up to ride down a mountain, I don't want to even think about climbing :behindsofa:

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
A friend had the audacity to schedule their wedding on the same day, but apparently *I* was the bad guy for hoping it'd be called off.

Next year, looks like a bunch of giggles!

Unofficial 40+ farkers team next year?

Im sure dozer will support us with kit and stickers.

slowmick

38-39"

i can do unoffiicial.

sounds like an awesome day. Mates were keen for the 23rd but i couldn't do it this year. then no-one could make the 7th work. I think negotiations for next year will start early. Maybe Christmas Day when i get my calendar. i'll just mark all weekends in September and October as McKayos.

Thanks for the write up. even more jealous now. weather looked epic.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

I'll have to dig out the old fake ID to bump me up to 40 but I reckon you can count me in looks like a blast and the pedalling doesnt worry my legs overly much.

On an unrelated note, anyone heading up to ignition this year?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'll have to dig out the old fake ID to bump me up to 40 but I reckon you can count me in looks like a blast and the pedalling doesnt worry my legs overly much.

You can be the token junior partner.

Seriously considering it now. Was first time at Falls, and from what I experienced, it's pretty sweet up there and the trail crew do a brilliant job.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
....On an unrelated note, anyone heading up to ignition this year?
Yep, I'll be there with a few others. Went last year and had a great weekend, this year looks like it'll be a bit bigger. Looking forward to it that's for sure!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

I'm far enough north to lend you whatever years you need to get to 40+...

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
YKYGOW ... You finally see the power of whinging your ass off in writing ... to your councillors, news paper, Dept of State Revenue, Water board or social media sponsored ads from corporates (must be something they've paid for as whinging on their page just too easy to ignore, free advice to you young'uns).

40+ years of sarcastic training has kicked in to fuel my grumpy man rage ... and I got my first ping today via Telephone call from Star Track / Aust Post.

How bloody satisfying ... little does he know he has opened Pandora's box

Next, I want my street gutters cleaned by council weekly, along with getting them lowered so I can drive my car up them easier ... and I want a fracking pump track.

GRUMPY MAN RAGE !!!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
YKYGOW ... You finally see the power of whinging your ass off in writing ... to your councillors, news paper, Dept of State Revenue, Water board or social media sponsored ads from corporates (must be something they've paid for as whinging on their page just too easy to ignore, free advice to you young'uns).

40+ years of sarcastic training has kicked in to fuel my grumpy man rage ... and I got my first ping today via Telephone call from Star Track / Aust Post.

How bloody satisfying ... little does he know he has opened Pandora's box

Next, I want my street gutters cleaned by council weekly, along with getting them lowered so I can drive my car up them easier ... and I want a fracking pump track.

GRUMPY MAN RAGE !!!
I love that YKGOW you complain enough to get a pump track.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
yeah but, why try and fix something when you can just buy a new one? it's not like landfills an issue............ waste is good for the economy! just like oil spills