DT Swiss XRC 1200 V ENVE M60 HV

Dt Swiss XRC 1200 30mm V ENVE M60 HVs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Majin

Likes Dirt
Gday Burners
I've recently started looking for a lighter weight wheelset to serve as general use on my evil wreckoning, due to that ARCS 35s on i9 torchs, being a pain to get tires for and weigh a tonne :(

I've narrowed my choices down to the DT XRC 1200 30 ID version and the M60 HVS on DT 240s.
I can currently get them close to the same price.
I mainly ride Mt. Stromlo blue and black runs. But do like to ride other things on occasion. I will also be doing North island NZ later this year and need something reliable but light

Has anyone had experiences with either of these two wheelsets? M60s are kinda common, but the XRCS are rare.

Cheers
Majin :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
If you decide to sell the Arcs/i9s let me know.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A lot of cash to layout on those wheels ! Unless you have a good price coming.

You could grab http://www.nextie.net/premium-mountain-29-inch-NXT29XM35 which are fit for AM or Enduro.

Bike24 for Tune King/Kong hubs and Sapim CX rays or DT Aerolites.

Without doing the actual maths on weight or price, I reckon you would be in about $1200-1400 and 1400-1500g for the set (this includes 6 bolt flange hubs, not centerlock)

I have 2 sets of wheels that are running on Tune King/Kongs and they have been trouble free. Though do know someone who sheared the flange on the driveside, ahhh the concessions we make to run a 200g rear and a 120g front hub.

Majin

Likes Dirt
Id be getting the xmcs for about 2k,
I did think about the chinese ones, but id have to gettem built which is a pain( unless i go lbs)

Mtb directs deals is what got me thinking hahaha

I do prefer dt hubs as there bomb proof, and quieter than my i9s . I think of i built them with nexties id go onyx hubs however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

The Project 321s with magnetic pawls are very quiet, very light and have 176 poe.

If you get the hubs and post them to Premium mtb they will build them up to the Nextie rim of your choice.

Cost should be ~1400 and weight will be ~1500 depending on rim width and spokes used.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
The Project 321s with magnetic pawls are very quiet, very light and have 176 poe.

If you get the hubs and post them to Premium mtb they will build them up to the Nextie rim of your choice.

Cost should be ~1400 and weight will be ~1500 depending on rim width and spokes used.

The new Project 321 hubs are 144 or 216 depending on the options chosen. After some reading on MTBR, there appears to be issues with the quiet version and pawls slipping which has not been resolved. There is also issues noted with bearing quality though I think this is the older hub version. TBH I would chose the DT Swiss are they are bombproof.

Majin

Likes Dirt
Im tempted to just Re-Lace my I9s onto some nexties,
I almost got Project 321s on my current build. They're an interesting hub

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Im tempted to just Re-Lace my I9s onto some nexties,
Got these http://www.nextie.net/premium-mountain-29-inch-NXT29XM35 on my Evil Following, laced to Hopes... used DT Aerocomps for the first time as the wheelset was going to take a bit of abuse.

Also these on 2 bikes http://www.nextie.net/mountain-clincher-30mm-NXT29RM30, Trek FS race bike with Tune hubs/CX rays and Indy Fab HT with Hopes/CX rays. These are a lot lighter than the AM spec rims but they still take a decent beating.

Never an issue with any of the sets, also have Nexties on my 29+, Fatbike and roadie

If you got yourself a set of Nexties, confirm the ERD on the rims, order some CX rays or Aerolites, you could be riding a pretty nice wheelset for about $700 in.

Pic of the 35mm's, reckon the weight was about 1800g with Hopes, aerocomps and brass nipples. Weight was not really a factor with these though.

e1m.jpg

Oddjob

Got these http://www.nextie.net/premium-mountain-29-inch-NXT29XM35 on my Evil Following, laced to Hopes... used DT Aerocomps for the first time as the wheelset was going to take a bit of abuse.

Also these on 2 bikes http://www.nextie.net/mountain-clincher-30mm-NXT29RM30, Trek FS race bike with Tune hubs/CX rays and Indy Fab HT with Hopes/CX rays. These are a lot lighter than the AM spec rims but they still take a decent beating.

Never an issue with any of the sets, also have Nexties on my 29+, Fatbike and roadie

If you got yourself a set of Nexties, confirm the ERD on the rims, order some CX rays or Aerolites, you could be riding a pretty nice wheelset for about $700 in.

Pic of the 35mm's, reckon the weight was about 1800g with Hopes, aerocomps and brass nipples. Weight was not really a factor with these though.

View attachment 344350
The other thing to consider is that Nextie do asymmetric specific rims as well. They allow you to have virtually the same length spokes and spoke tension >75% side to side.

Majin

Likes Dirt
I've narrowed it down to The DT's, Nexties in the 30mm ID guise, Light bike's 30mm id guise ( both of these with DT240s and upgraded ratchets on CX rays).
The nexties are the heaviest by about 50g (1600g ish) are about 2k.
The LBs are 1550g with J bend spokes or 1490g with Straight pulls and come at 1650 shipped.
The DTs are the most expensive at $2400 ish, and come with both drivers (which I think is nice) and weigh about $1540 taped and valved.

The LBS are the lightest, but I'm questioning their strength. I know the nexties and the DTs are solid.
And i made a particularly dumbass mistake of saying XRC instead of XMC :(

As a note, these are "Claimed weights"

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I've narrowed it down to The DT's, Nexties in the 30mm ID guise, Light bike's 30mm id guise ( both of these with DT240s and upgraded ratchets on CX rays).
The nexties are the heaviest by about 50g (1600g ish) are about 2k.
The LBs are 1550g with J bend spokes or 1490g with Straight pulls and come at 1650 shipped.
The DTs are the most expensive at $2400 ish, and come with both drivers (which I think is nice) and weigh about $1540 taped and valved.

The LBS are the lightest, but I'm questioning their strength. I know the nexties and the DTs are solid.
And i made a particularly dumbass mistake of saying XRC instead of XMC :(

As a note, these are "Claimed weights"
There are also Specialized Traverse SL with an internal width of 30mm, sub 1600gms can be had as new takeoff's from ebay for $1000-1200 from the US. Also have a look at nox composites for custom builds, or Derby are offering full builds with their rims now.

Majin

Likes Dirt
I literally just saw the Rovals Hahaha.
My dads got them on his stumpy ( the FATTIE versions I believe. ) They look similar to the DT's/ Roughly the same RRP to what id pay for the Dts. The only thing I found strange is that they use different spoke counts Front and Rear. And DT 350 Hubs rather than the 240 versions( albeit both have the upgraded ratchet from factory)
Derbys are too wide for my liking, I've already got 35mm ID on the bike and ive been finding them too wide.
I had a look at NOXs, The weight is A1. But they cost more than the others. The build I'd go for was about $2700 AUD before import charges.

I'll be checking with my LBS about the Rovals. To see if they're available at the moment. I might throw my old mans on mine and see how they feel. They feel super snappy on his. Definitely a contender :)

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I literally just saw the Rovals Hahaha.
My dads got them on his stumpy ( the FATTIE versions I believe. ) They look similar to the DT's/ Roughly the same RRP to what id pay for the Dts. The only thing I found strange is that they use different spoke counts Front and Rear. And DT 350 Hubs rather than the 240 versions( albeit both have the upgraded ratchet from factory)
Derbys are too wide for my liking, I've already got 35mm ID on the bike and ive been finding them too wide.
I had a look at NOXs, The weight is A1. But they cost more than the others. The build I'd go for was about $2700 AUD before import charges.

I'll be checking with my LBS about the Rovals. To see if they're available at the moment. I might throw my old mans on mine and see how they feel. They feel super snappy on his. Definitely a contender :)
The Roval hubs are specialized custom using DT Swiss 350 internals with the 54T ratchet. The front and rear spoke counts are different as the front is subjected to less forces than the rear (24/28). Unless you can get a good deal they are $2300 RRP.
The Derby XC is 30mm internal, the AM version is 35mm