You know you're getting old when ...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
it's not like landfills an issue............ waste is good for the economy!
Yeah, like her mum... "I'm keeping it, that's a bloody antique"... Kids these days look at her strange that the old wooden dresser is piece of old shit, past it smell by date. Ikea is where you get furniture, build it up from flat pack, 2 years later, its outta fashion, take it outside, give it a swift roundhouse kick and its back to flatpack pieces, throw in bin and buy another, simples.

Sadly, it's became a throw away world.

slowmick

38-39"
We have my wifes great grandmothers dining table. it has been extended and cut down a number of times over it's life as the family and the room it was used in grew and shrank. It's hard to tell which bits are original wood. We added blocks to make it a more modern height and added a few screws and glue to the braces. Should do us for the foreseeable future.

moorey

call me Mia
When the optometrist says, ‘you have excellent vision...for your age...you don’t need glasses.....for at least another 4-6 months.

When the optometrist says, ‘you have excellent vision...for your age...you don’t need glasses.....for at least another 4-6 months.
having just been introduced to the wonderful world of reading glasses I can say it is a massive pain in the arse.

Now I got to take them with me when I go some where and I need to read something, end up at the pub for a beer with a friend, no spectacles, lets get something to eat, "can you read the menu to me?" FFS

And once you start wearing them your eyes seem to deteriorate at an exponential rate.

Reactions: JPG

Minlak

custom titis
When, after 1 visit to the gym, you revise you fitness goals to not passing out during a session, or not vomiting during a training session, or not passing out in a puddle of vomit during a session....
I have just gone back to the gym this last week and I hurt everywhere. Absolutely everywhere.

moorey

call me Mia
having just been introduced to the wonderful world of reading glasses I can say it is a massive pain in the arse.

Now I got to take them with me when I go some where and I need to read something, end up at the pub for a beer with a friend, no spectacles, lets get something to eat, "can you read the menu to me?" FFS

And once you start wearing them your eyes seem to deteriorate at an exponential rate.
Yes!

Last part is a myth though. They are already deteriorating fast...you’re just noticing the difference more with the glasses masking it.

Don’t get me started on cost...could have bought a couple oranges for the glory of looking like a nerdy git!

slowmick

38-39"
I hate my glasses. i can read the smallest words but can't the divisions on a ruler blur. The glasses only focus at one length so i have to get my face at the right distance from everything. Almost time to throw away the glasses and work in 1/4 inch increments.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ynygo when... you can produce a piss sample at any given time without breaking a sweat. 10 years ago I had to chug 3L camelbacks, with chunts taking blood samples and wondering why your blood pressure is 160/70 for an hour trying to get a faint tingling reaction before doing half a doz lower abdomen crunches to get across the minimum line of a drug test piss jar

If this is getting old, I like it :)

Here is another unexpected present from the reading glasses fairy - I now need them to work on the bike, for example installing a new cable, adjusting the rear mech ( hi / Lo adjustment, b screw). I keep forgetting to take them to the garage where my bike is, they fall off when I'm leaning over the bike, they get grease on them because I have to keep taking them off to actually see the bike and if I need to do something on the trail I'm doing by Braille coz I don't need to read on a ride so I don't bring them !!!!!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I may or may not have done a Minlak, after last night. Spousal unit is almost taking a back seat to the PT as my most despised humanoid at the moment.
Me too lol.
Picked up some light weights and a few pushups for a couple of nights this week. A day later I cant straighten my arms and my chest is very sore!

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I've been putting off glasses for a couple of years now - I'm in denial obviously at 47. I think I look young for my age but know that's sadly a myth too - everything's in soft focus when I look in the mirror; no wrinkles, sun damage etc.

Minlak

custom titis
I may or may not have done a Minlak, after last night. Spousal unit is almost taking a back seat to the PT as my most despised humanoid at the moment.
I have used PT's in the past and they are good value... However this time I am on a self hate cycle and push myslef way harder than the PT's do. Pushing for PB's every time at the moment I am just in a constant state of DOM's

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
rehab work with the physio is aids. I walk out a broken man every session. Bulging L5 s1 impacting nerve, plus now it’s suspected I’ve torn my hamstring were it inserts up at the hip.

4 reps 20 squats unweighted, 2 reps 20 modified deadlifts (up to 20kg’s now! Woohooooo!), 80 pushups with hips strapped to an ironing board, 80 standard pushups in reps of 20. A couple of yoga poses thrown in holding for 45 seconds now (up from 8). Then at the end 40 static lunges with a rubber band pulling my knee into my centre.

After all this I pretty much lay down on the floor and look at my phone for half hr, which my dog thinks is prime play time.

Good news is I can walk around now, im off voltarin and other painkillers mostly. Sitting down for extended periods is out of the question though.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The disk popped out last december lifting at work, nothing too special there. Removing a fan out of a roof cavity, awkward lift on a ladder with no room.

What really screwed me was all the stretches I did over christmas break, then going back to work into normal duties. It got progressively worse untill 5 weeks ago I went onto work cover, had the next five weeks off. I’ve just gone back to work this week on heavily reduced duties (admin work and workshop superviser).

Basically the stretches weakened an already weak area, plus the doctor not giving me any notes or reports on my injury for work, and my work throwing me back into the deep end, and me feeling ok. When you have a bulging disk, you can recapture it, but it’s going to pop out easier than before. Soooooo I kept going back to work and damaging it further. It’s a funny injury because you feel okay at the time. It wasn’t untill later things problems started presenting.

It’s been a real struggle on my end to be taken seriously by the gp’s, and it wasn’t untill I cracked it in a visit and forced the gp to fill out work cover forms that I could actually get some referalls for MRI’s, a neuro surgeon consultancy (happening next monday), and have insurance finally pay for my physio (I’m already out of pocket $1200 since january, and smashed through my own private health fund).

3 seperate gp’s, two physio’s, one osteo, and on acupuncturist later. Ffs

I don’t know how the hamstrings been damaged, probably from overcompensating for a damaged back (or the back got damaged overcompensating for a torn hamstring). But I have an MRI booked in for tuesday to have a look at that.

Fun times. Good news is I have to ride 4 times a week (smooth trails only) as the pedalling is unreal for nerve movement.