Sunrace Cassettes

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just ordered a 11-50 sunrace cassette. Going to run it with a medium cage m8000 xt derailleur. Coming of 11-42, aside from a new chain will i need any extras? Longer b-limit screw, goat link, new cage ect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'd be interested to see what you need to get this up and running.

Anyone done it with a Sram X01 derailleur yet?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got the cassette. $120 shipped from taiwan, it only took 2 weeks to arrive. The thing is massive!

Fitted it for shits and giggles even though i am awaiting a new chain and goatlink 11. Managed to get it setup ok, although the chain was shorter than i would like. I pulled it off anyways and will wait for the proper parts. I adjusted the b-limit screw and had about 1/3 of it left to dial in if required, so not sure who would be needing a longer one. 32-52 was pretty easy gearing, i really like the idea of having the bail out gear i am looking for on climbs.

Can't wait for the other pieces of the puzzle to arrive to get it fully operational.

Here are a few photos.

11-42 and 11-50

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The hardtail will be using a 36 up front with hopefully the same ratio cassette.

The hardtail has finally been finished and is ready for its first ride.

Bit of mucking around to get chainline good with spacers, but the black cassette with the silver KMC chain and black chainring with chrome of the xtr cranks looks pretty nice.

poita

Likes Dirt
anyone had any issues with the SunRace cassettes being loose on the freehub body from new? Got a wide range 10 speed that is working perfectly, but bought a new 11 speed for the trainer and it's loose as all hell? seems very bizarre, might try the 10 speed spacer trick and see if it will lock down with a bit of incredible hulk action?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just read through the whole thing but can someone clarify if I have the following correct:
I have 10 speed XT with a long cage derailleur. This will work with 11-42t but I will need a longer B screw.
If I went 11-46t I would need a goat link or a new 11 speed derailleur.

Is that right?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just read through the whole thing but can someone clarify if I have the following correct:
I have 10 speed XT with a long cage derailleur. This will work with 11-42t but I will need a longer B screw.

Is that right?
I can't speak for 10speed but the long cage 11sp works fine with an 11-50 cassette without a goatlink or longer b screw

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner

Is that right?
I've ran 10 speed 11-42 with xt medium cage with no issues and no longer b screw. Long cage will be fine.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
10-sp. officially is rated to a maximum 36T sprocket. The cage isn't the limiting factor, it's the upper body length and geometry. It can be cranked lower with the b-screw to gain more clearance, but because its shift path is optimised for the tighter cassette, as you shift to the middle & higher gears it gets further away from the sprockets than it's designed to be, which turns the shifting to shit because it allows the chain to flex more rather than shifting across. It gets worse as the chain wears. 42 is really about the biggest a 10-sp. can be coaxed into working on. Any bigger it's just not going to get the clearance without a goat link.

11-sp. derailleur isn't perfect because of the different leverage ratio, but it's close enough to be tweaked into reasonable functionality.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

Is that right?
Correct

You can kinda get away with the standard b screw. Sorta. The upshift will be fine but the downshift might see the top of the cage fouling on the large cog.

What ducky says makes a lot of sense with my setups, I'm able to tune one of them almost perfectly, but 2 of them suffer a little in the middle of the cassette. Don't know why but I found that an SRAM chain works a lot better than a Shimano one, cleaner shifting and less skipping when backpedaling.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
Bump

Need to replace my 11spd X01 Cassette and looking at the Sunrace. Just to confirm i need to get the CSMX9 model (That's compatible with my XD driver)?

Can't find these anywhere online. Anyone point me in the right direction of an online store that stocks these?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Bump

Need to replace my 11spd X01 Cassette and looking at the Sunrace. Just to confirm i need to get the CSMX9 model (That's compatible with my XD driver)?

Can't find these anywhere online. Anyone point me in the right direction of an online store that stocks these?
Aren't they only Shimano driver compatible? Or has that changed?