Post your all mountain bike

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
I prefer DH and Enduro style riding and this is perfect. I am surprised how well it pedals given its geometry and travel but there is nothing I havent been able to climb so far at my now new local track, the You Yangs! As I only bought the frame set and built up using components off my previous frame I am running an 11 speed drive train and was contemplating going 12 speed as I was worried about the climbing capabilities but have decided against it. They are really good value and have an Australian based support that can field any questions or assist with any issues that may arise.

RealizE

Likes Bikes
I recently pieced this together and I'm really enjoying the ride so far, but can't decide whether to change out the 140 forks to 160s which is what most people seem to run on these.

Attachments

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got one myself and love it at 160mm. It's definitely more nimble and agile at 140mm and the balance is better but I'm loving life with both settings.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just run the 160mm and see how you go. The descending is wicked fun and it's scarcely any slower in climbing. You will have to weight the front more when riding to keep grip high.

Then just change your setup depending on where you're riding..140mm for general fun / more pedalling. 160mm for shuttle days and hooliganism.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Put a 150mm 36 RC2 on my scout, up 10mm from stock. Difference is huge! Funnily enough I originally recieved my forks at 160mm after they weren’t lowered enough (these forks were a nightmare before I even rode them properly)
and it was too tall. Rode terribly hahaha.

Not to say that a primes gonna run crap with 160, just a 10mm difference is noticeable.

birdmanoz

Likes Bikes
Pretty tough looking bike.
Yep German engineering at its best. Riding in Eco (economy) mode is the lowest level of support and I would equate that to the feel of riding a normal MTB. Keeping in mind that this is a 24kg bike with 2.8 tyres so Eco mode just makes it feel like a normal bike with slighter support uphill. The next modes which are Tour, Speed and Turbo are more obvious engine support and go uphill with relative ease. Eco = 50% extra support. Tour = 120% extra support. Sport = 200% extra support and Turbo = 300% extra support.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Got any updates?
I'm considering a Range 29er......whassitloike on the trails?
I have a mate with a Range 29er and he says its a monster truck an just runs over everything but it is heavy though. I'd like a 29er enduro bike as my next upgrade. Got a 2015 Sight at the moment and interested in how the 29er sight goes.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I have a mate with a Range 29er and he says its a monster truck an just runs over everything but it is heavy though. I'd like a 29er enduro bike as my next upgrade. Got a 2015 Sight at the moment and interested in how the 29er sight goes.
Yeah I'm gonna pull the trigger on a new bike later this year.
It will likely have 29" wheels. The Range is on the short list as the middle ground all-rounder.

I haven't found a bad word anywhere about the current Sight 29er. It gets rave reviews. And for most of my riding it would be perfect....
....but it would need an angleset & another 20mm for regular Maydena missions IMO. :(

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It will likely have 29" wheels. The Range is on the short list as the middle ground all-rounder.

I haven't found a bad word anywhere about the current Sight 29er. It gets rave reviews. And for most of my riding it would be perfect....
....but it would need an angleset & another 20mm for regular Maydena missions IMO. :(
The Orbea Rallon has my interest. It rated very well in the Bible of Bike tests and Youtuber BCXC raves about his.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-guerrilla-gravity-smash.html

Seeing as your still fixated on 29’s. This way you only need to extend the fork for maydena missions!

Last edited: