suspension bearings

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stripped frame and noticed a couple of suspension bearings are shagged.
Wheres the best place to buy them in Brisbane?
Do you normally replace all at once or just the shagged ones?
Thanks
Michael

Flow-Rider

Burner
Statewide bearings are the best place to buy bearings from on the south-side. If you're going to go to all the trouble of pulling your bike apart, may as well do them all.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Statewide bearings are the best place to buy bearings from on the south-side. If you're going to go to all the trouble of pulling your bike apart, may as well do them all.
Duncan at DIYMTB has enduro brand MAX bearings. This is the best bet.

You really need and want max complement bearings for linkage pivots. An industrial bearing wholesaler is probably going to not carry them, or want a kidney for one.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Duncan at DIYMTB has enduro brand MAX bearings. This is the best bet.

You really need and want max complement bearings for linkage pivots. An industrial bearing wholesaler is probably going to not carry them, or want a kidney for one.
Statewide are pretty cheap here, I can get bearings over the counter that other places like CBC or SKF sell at trade price.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Also, if the bearings see minimal rotation then just repack them with grease and give them a spin. They may well be only slightly flogged in one position. Eg. lower bearings on the maestro linkage always feel flogged but a repack and rotation will keep them going almost indefinitely.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also, if the bearings see minimal rotation then just repack them with grease and give them a spin. They may well be only slightly flogged in one position. Eg. lower bearings on the maestro linkage always feel flogged but a repack and rotation will keep them going almost indefinitely.
I will pickup the new bearings tomorrow. I couldnt get 2 special ones so might try this.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The ones on the swingarm/upper rocker joint get pretty lumpy too. Due to the small range of rotation in all suspension pivots they can all bind and get pretty rotten if left too long, so it's a good idea every few months to disconnect the links & give all the bearings a proper spin to make sure they stay free.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bearings are all done, thanks everyone. Stuffed up one so took it out and put a new one in. I couldn’t get 2 bearings so cleaned them out and repacked with grease. So much crap inside them. New ones feel soooo nice compared to the old.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So noone replaces bearings annually? Good to hear. There's a shop here that I like to think I compete against who recommend replacing the bearings at least annually, and won't touch them if it's been longer than 12 months since this was done.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So noone replaces bearings annually? Good to hear. There's a shop here that I like to think I compete against who recommend replacing the bearings at least annually, and won't touch them if it's been longer than 12 months since this was done.
Inspecting regularly I get, but why replace bearings that are still smooth?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

safreek

Replace bearings, I just ride til the frame self destructs

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Inspecting regularly I get, but why replace bearings that are still smooth?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I thought it must be the risk of corrosion of the bearings being in there for a long time. I only replace bearings that are flogged.