What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Hunted down some random creaks on the Ripmo after last weekend's shakedown run. One was in the head of the BikeYoke Revive, found the pivot block was only contacting the edges of the yoke in the top of the post (the semi-circular bit that lets you adjust seat angle), so chamfered the edges on the post and now everything's sitting pretty (no pun intended...). Second was the Garbaruk cassette mounting onto the hope hub. The casette only has a little section of spline at each end, must've just had a little free play in there. Painted a thin layer of anti-sieze on all mating surfaces and all is pleasently quiet! :) Temporarily stuck a 27.5" wheel in the back of the bike while diagnosing the cassette creak - actually felt bloody nice while blasting up a down the street and chucking bunny hops! Going to be tempted to take it for a run in that trim at some stage and upset all of the wheel size purists in one swoop, lol.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Dragged the frankenbike out of the shed for an eastern suburbs beaches jaunt tomorrow:

Also spent time with the ShockWiz on the Ibis’s Monarch Debonaire RT3, I had it set up pretty much perfectly but the results confirmed my suspicions...I need to revalve for softer high speed compression. It does spike occasionally over chop, I wish it was a bit more compliant.

stirk

Burner
Hunted down some random creaks on the Ripmo after last weekend shakedown run. One was in the head of the BikeYoke Revive, found the pivot block was only contacting the yoke in the top of the post (the semi-circular bit that lets you adjust seat angle), so chamfered the edge on post and now everything's sitting pretty (no pun intended...). Second was the Garbaruk cassette mounting onto the hope hub. The casette only has a little section of spline at each end, must've just had a little free play in there. Painted a thin layer of anti-sieze on all mating surfaces and all is pleasently quiet! :) Temporarily stuck a 27.5" wheel in the back of the bike while diagnosing the cassette creak - actually felt bloody nice while blasting up a down the street and chucking bunny hops! Going to be tempted to take it for a run in that trim at some stage and upset all of the wheel size purists in one swoop, lol.
Moto's have different sized wheels for a reason! Rock the odd.

Dragged the frankenbike out of the shed for an eastern suburbs beaches jaunt tomorrow:

Also spent time with the ShockWiz on the Ibis’s Monarch Debonaire RT3, I had it set up pretty much perfectly but the results confirmed my suspicions...I need to revalve for softer high speed compression. It does spike occasionally over chop, I wish it was a bit more compliant.
That's probably the only roadie I've seen that I'd like to ride. Damn you got some good style.

Rode Ourimbah, they've resolved the conflict with the enduro track which is a good thing considering the popularity of the shuttle.

Havent ridden for two weeks, still managed a PB, but far out, super unco.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Rode briefly at You Yangs this arvo, not part of the shuttles unfortunately as booking for that came up before my frame arrived. I sucked on the climbs, decided my legs cant push a 32t chainring at the moment, so swapped that back to a 30t when I got home for next time. The folk on the shuttles had a good chuckle at my expense, but oh well - only one way to get back some fitness!

Took the elliptical chainring (32t) I had from my previous bike, and stuck it on my frankenbike. Nowhere near as pretty as hifi's unfortunately (forks are way OTT but I already had them), but rides nicely given it's a bitsa made up of leftovers.

Only a crappy phone pic as no proper camera currently, but it gives the gist.
IMAG1364a.jpg

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Got the ride done, was sen-fucking-sational:

Just over a hundred kays in the end. About 1000m el.

Turnbull may have been home as there was an idling AFP car out front. [edit] Nah he’s in Tennant Creek. Good to see we are looking after his house for him.

Those who live in Syd should get out more

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Technically not mine anymore, but still in my possession, so sort of counts...

Fitted a new headset and the fork. Had to go with a 60mm stem (making it 510mm + 60mm reach) because that's all I had on hand that would fit with this headset / steerer length combo, and it only just fits! And it's a jumble of colours too!

Next is getting the shock back and installing and tweaking everything. Then onto mine when it arrives, hopefully early this week.

IMAG2296-1200x1600.jpg
IMAG2295-1600x1200.jpg

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Put a KS dropper in my wife’s bike tonight. I’ve had one for a few months and it’s got a real nice and easy lever. She would struggle sometimes with the current droppers lever effort, but otherwise its been all good. Saturday’s ride will tell.

Plus, I’ve got the old one as a spare, for when we go away.
BTW, my wife is loving the low effort lever of the KS.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Got the ride done, was sen-fucking-sational:

Just over a hundred kays in the end. About 1000m el.

Turnbull may have been home as there was an idling AFP car out front. [edit] Nah he’s in Tennant Creek. Good to see we are looking after his house for him.

Those who live in Syd should get out more
That's a decent ride right there....