What does your day look like?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
So when you tap into an existing wire how do you do that?
Cut the wire, strip ~4mm, remember to slide on heat shrink (!!), and crimp with uninsulated butt connector. Slide heat shrink over joint and seal.

One side will have two wires in it, so connector size choice is important.

These are where I tapped the Canbus circuit - this is bit embarrassing though as I singed the cable insulation a bit... A lighter is “ok” for heat shrink but easy to singe stuff if vague out for a second... Need to get a proper heat gun for this.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd blame the bridge...clearly he is just trying to maintain the rod parallel to the water for more effective strikes.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Cut the wire, strip ~4mm, remember to slide on heat shrink (!!), and crimp with uninsulated butt connector. Slide heat shrink over joint and seal.

One side will have two wires in it, so connector size choice is important.

These are where I tapped the Canbus circuit - this is bit embarrassing though as I singed the cable insulation a bit... A lighter is “ok” for heat shrink but easy to singe stuff if vague out for a second... Need to get a proper heat gun for this.

Mini gas powered torches are fab for heatshrink. Who has time to plug a full sized heat gun in, plus the size and throw of the heat gun doesn't go well in cars.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I should clarify that anything big and for heavy current, 8B&S and above I use non insulated crimps with a hydraulic crimper. Small stuff happy to solder.

LPG

likes thicc birds
The wife and I got back from overseas earler this week and had the rest of the week off so we took a daytrip to Jervis Bay to walk the dogs along a beach and just check it out. Had some visitors swimming very close to shore for a long time and some very excited dogs who really wanted to swim out to see them.

Attachments

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It is like gauges, as in AWG, etc and kips, ksi, btu etc. Horrible bloody things but what do you do? Ask for 13mm2 wire, ah all we got is this B&S sizes...

Could be worse, short tons in the US nearly had me specify a 600t crawler crane instead of 750t. Was lots cheaper.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I don't know where else to post this...

A couple of days ago I was at our independent grocer. Followed a woman at the checkout who bought two things. Creme fraiche and femfresh. And the only thing going through my brain was I hope she doesn't mix those up when she gets home.

stirk

Burner
I don't know where else to post this...

A couple of days ago I was at our independent grocer. Followed a woman at the checkout who bought two things. Creme fraiche and femfresh. And the only thing going through my brain was I hope she doesn't mix those up when she gets home.
Checkout perv..

Reminds me of a song...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Quick question. My niece's son is in grade 7 this year up here in Q. I have helped him do some maths stuff, posted about teaching methods changing for the sake of changing blah blah at the time. Anyway he had a logic problem last night which I think is a bit much for a 12yo. And quite a few adults too.

It is a mastermind type question where you are told if you have a right answer in the right spot or a right answer in the wrong spot.

So first guess for a series of three numbers is 7, 5, 1. With one correct in the right place and one correct in the wrong place.
Next guess is 5, 7, 4. Again one right in the right place and one right in the wrong place.
Penultimate guess is 3, 1, 7. Again one right in the right place and one right in the wrong place.

What is the correct sequence? I have a maths brain so it was pretty easy to work out in my head but I had to explain how to do it. Ended up writing out 4 pages explaining why each combination of numbers in each place was right or wrong.

Is there an easier way to explain? Is this a typical 12yo logic question?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
My 12 yo self would be able to answer it better than me currently! I think the answer is 7,1,4?

I just arranged as a matrix and worked out configurations from there. Could be way off though!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Hmm, I'm intrigued. I think the answer is 7,1,6. Regardless I agree, seems tough for a grade 7!
Where did you get the 6 from? I think it's quite tough too. I'll ask my wife tonite who teaches grade 7. I'm 7,1,4. Unless I'm wrong in which case as an adult I will claim a typo...