What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
No good. He didnt torque the rotor bolts up properly. What kinda monster just goes around in a circle like that? OPPOSITES MAN!

And I still get the heebiejeebies when people put taps in drills. Tap wrench and take ya time! I know it’s aluminium and a small hole but still. Bleugh.

I like those soft jaws for the vice though, abit nicer than the bits of aluminium sheet I’ve cut and bent for my vice.
Haha, +1 on the rotor tightening :) And those cable ties on the control cables look shite...

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Seriously, someone should pay me to make these videos. What is he doing putting alloy clamps onto a carbon bar without grip paste. The first sign of rain and the galvanic corrosion will begin to eat those bars.
I picked up on that with the stem. WTF dood?

Are you saying it should also be used with brake levers, etc?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Did it go fixie on you? or did it go ET on you?
A little bit of both at times yesterday, but i picked it up fairly early so there was no major damage.

@Oddjob it's a Novatec D792SB.

It was sorted out quickly last night under warranty and I've got a replacement freehub on its way to me as we speak.

I got the wheels from http://premiummtb.com.au and this is the second time dealing with them after buying the wheels.

First time I emailed them with a question and ended up with a new rim.

And the second time yesterday, had the warranty issue sorted out in 5 minutes.

Excellent service from the guys there, can't recommend them highly enough!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I picked up on that with the stem. WTF dood?

Are you saying it should also be used with brake levers, etc?
Never let carbon touch alloy without something in the way like grease or grip paste, if you get any water in there you get galvanic corrosion. Most common problem area is seat post but can happen anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

At the rate you build things, we're lucky to see a hex key touch a bolt, let alone carbon touch alloy.
Where's a poxy picture of a tortoise and a hare when you need one.

Oddjob

My classical education only went so far as Caesar's Commentarii de Bello Gallico.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Small win today!
Was gazing lovingly at my new bike (as you do lol)
And little XT caught my eye on the cluster. Was only speced from factory with SLX. Must have run out on the production line!

moorey

call me Mia
Or, as usual, they skimp were they think you’ll notice less.
Also, fark those Shimano 11-46 are an eyesore....just sayin.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or, as usual, they skimp were they think you’ll notice less.
Also, fark those Shimano 11-46 are an eyesore....just sayin.
Thats what I would have thought, but they upgraded instead. Yeah they are not the prettiest thing, but either is whats above ha ha.