NSW Skidfest 2018

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Event name: Skidfest 2018
Date: 2-4 November
Discipline: Gravity
Entry link: https://www.ir8racing.com.au/skidfest-2018
Sponsors: Specialized, M2O, Krush, Kennards Hire, GU, Simple cycles, The Cyclery Studio, Ride Aus, NSDynamics, Definitive Contracting, iRenov8, Nightfox Downhill and Dirtsurfer.
Description of event: A gravity festival like no other. 2 Days, 4 events, open air cinema, spit roast, bonfire and great mates. What more do you need for a mtb weekend. All covered by one price.

Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll get back to you ASAP. We are limiting it to 130 riders so that there is more riding and less queuing.

Last edited:

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So guys and girls here is a run down of the event to give you an idea of what it's all about.

Friday 2nd November
:
Come and join us Friday night and set up your spot ready to go for Saturday!
8:00pm MTB Movies on the outdoor screen

Saturday 3rd Nov
8:45 Rider Brief
9:00-1:30 Racing Bigfoot
1:30-3:30 Free riding
3:30-5:30 Sprint Race
6:30-7:30 Spit Roast dinner & micro brewery keg beer
8:30-9:00 Airbag under lights
9:00- 10:00 Film competition entrants showing on the big screen

Sunday 4th Nov
8:45 Rider Brief
9:00-10:00 Track recce
10:00-1:00 4 Man DH
1:00-4:00 Free riding

SkidFest 2018

BigFoot
Possibly the most popular trail at Greenvalleys, you will have 4.5 hrs to lay down a minimum of 4 times. Your two fastest times will be combined for the final result.

Sprint
Short but sweet run down the lower berms that will get your heart pumping and the tyres burning! 2 hour session to get your best two times, again they will be combined for a total time.

AirBag under lights
Always a crowd pleaser! with volcano smoke machines under the hot flood lit airbag get some big air and sick tricks. Best crowd pleasing trick on the night wins this one!

4 Man DH
Last year this was epic! 4 riders start at the gate and the first 2 down head back up for the next round! The race will start on the wooden pallets up the top, head out onto the road for 100m then down the fire road dipping into a berm or 2 to separate the field! then back down the fire road then down to finish line! brakes optional! Possibly the fastest you’ll ever go on a mountain bike.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all, Gregg and I are proud to announce SkidFilms, the Skidfest short film festival. As you'll see below we've got two amazing prizes to get your stoke up for the event. You've got 6 weeks to make a short mtb film. We don't need broadcast quality camera work, iPhone and GoPro will be fine. We want to see your creativity, make us laugh, get our stoke going and the crowd will be your judges on the Saturday night!!!

1. Win a $500 voucher - Courtesy of the Simple Cycles crew!
or
2. Win a set of hope hubs - Courtesy of Mitch at the Cyclery studio

SKIDFILMs REQUIREMENTS:
- Max 2 min length, it can be to music, have a story or simply the raw sound of hubs smoking down a mountain.
- You must say or have the word "Skidfest" in the film!
- Must have at least 1 bike in the film.
- Must present the film on usb by Saturday midday
- The films will be played on a projector through a Mac. If you don't have a Mac you might need to email us the file or put it into a drop box file so that we can convert it before the event. If this is the case please let us know.

So come on guys, we've got $1000 bucks worth of amazing prizes on the line (not to mention the other $4000 grands worth of prizes for the races) and only 130 riders so a good chance of winning, get out there and show us your stuff.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I want to do this so bad but getting a leave pass for 2 days....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I want to do this so bad but getting a leave pass for 2 days....
Did I mention we won the MTBA community event of the year last year? Or that you'll get a sick Skidfest T-shirt, a swag bag with dirt surfer mudguard, some GU and stuff from M2O???? Go on you know you wanna!!!!! Bring the family, food only tix are $65..... just sayin......

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe this will help tip some of you over the edge......

It was filmed at GV but it wasn't filmed at the 2017 Skidfest. There is a story but...... who cares show the riding......

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nightfox Downhill one of our main team sponsors have given us 6 jerseys for the punters that win the Bigfoot bash. They turned up today and look the goods. We are starting to run out of tickets and there is only 4 weeks to go. Get on it!!!

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did somebody say "swag"????? One of these will be in your kit when you register for Skidfest!!!! only 10 spots left and I'd love to sell em out. C'mon gang get on it!!!!

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all, so Skidfest went down a little over a week ago and it was a huge success. Everyone had a good time and we didn't have any ambulance call outs which is the biggest plus,. We did have a busted collar bone but given the guy who broke it would've been my pick to do it as he only has one setting and would've done it anywhere that day I'm not counting it. So I've attached the results below for our punters to have a look at. Before that though I'd like to say a massive thanks to our Sponsors, Kennards Hire, Dirt Surfer, Specialized, M2O industries, GU, Simple Cycles, The Cyclery Studio, Krush, NSDynamics, Unify Collection (Sick caps), Definitive contracting and iRenov8. You guys made the event what it was thanks.....

Bigfoot Results Fastest outright on the left and place on after handicap applied on right.

Sprint results. Fastest outright on the left and place after handicap applied on the right. Not sure why the second half of this lot is all big and stuff but it's still readable.