What do your kids ride?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Make sure you use the right size insert on the crank pullers so you don’t destroy the threads in the axle. It can turn that job into a nightmare if the inserts too small and comes into contact with the thread.

moorey

call me Mia
Make sure you use the right size insert on the crank pullers so you don’t destroy the threads in the axle. It can turn that job into a nightmare if the inserts too small and comes into contact with the thread.
It will be the bog standard solid sq, not a hollow round one.

Ultra Lord

It will be the bog standard solid sq, not a hollow round one.
I used to have 3 or 4 different inserts for the pullers way back when, I can’t remember what size fitted what and what was “standard” (ha! Bicycle standards) now.

Just something to be aware of when putting it together I suppose.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

Got the non drive side bolt out using a conventional ratchet and 14mm socket, can’t for the life of me get the drive side one loose (is it reverse thread by any chance)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
That does look a slightly bigger bolt hole than a standard sq taper.

I think...and it’s one of those things I do without thinking...to undo, it should freewheel the hub. Engage to tighten.

I think...

Ultra Lord

Counter clockwise to undo.
Get a hammer and shock the bolt, swap that ratchet for a breaker bar and give-er a coupla taps. Even putting a pin punch into the hex and giving it a few whacks can be enough.

If the axles hollow spray some penetrant down there and it’ll help too. WD-40 will help if you don’t have a penetrant like penetr8 lying around. Not to mentio wd-40’s cheaper

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Counter clockwise to undo.
Get a hammer and shock the bolt, swap that ratchet for a breaker bar and give-er a coupla taps. Even putting a pin punch into the hex and giving it a few whacks can be enough.

If the axles hollow spray some penetrant down there and it’ll help too. WD-40 will help if you don’t have a penetrant like penetr8 lying around. Not to mentio wd-40’s cheaper

I’m trying this on the lounge room floor, might have to wait until tomorrow and take it to work with a bigger bar and a vice. The cranks are super short so the leverage required is beyond my puny arms. I’ll soak in some WD over night.

Failing that off the the LBS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just been looking into the next bike (getting ahead of myself I know)

Any thoughts on this gem?

$1299
10.7 kg
2.6 tyres
100mm travel.
9spd 32x11-34t
Hydraulic brakes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just been looking into the next bike (getting ahead of myself I know)

Any thoughts on this gem?

$1299
10.7 kg
2.6 tyres
100mm travel.
9spd 32x11-34t
Hydraulic brakes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My boy has a 2018 one, I think the specs are the same - the 2019 colour scheme is awesome though!

It's an amazing little bike. Cannot fault it. He gets full travel from the fork. The only change I made was to put some Wellgo KC008 pedals on (these are the perfect kids pedals).
Brakes are also really good, the levers are nice and close to the bars, he can reach them easily.