What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I found I had a sticky piston so rebuilt my brakes (V4's) and they feel so nice. Bought all necessary parts from Activesports.com.uk and found them to be great. Decent prices and lots of Hope spare parts!

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Great ride this morning nice dirt no mud as such. Then it started raining and turned wicked. Dismounted 3 times due to wet rock and root combos.... no injuries so all giggles really.

Got on the cheap Lyrik bandwagon this arvo.

Rebuilt my dropper tonight.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We were on Nic’s and Ron’s and no issues but wouldn’t be hitting it like you youngies.
Duh, brain fade, it came to me… that’s 50% wrong.

My wife was on a Nic and a Ron, while I was riding a hire Trek Fuel EX7 with Bontrager xr3 Experts. I’d stuffed my stumpy at Hotham the day before, so was riding one of the LBS bikes. The whole bike was so foreign, and the first FS 29’er I’d ridden, that I didn’t notice the tyres.

The trails and the ride were the focus.

Trek Fuel EX7.JPG

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Will the stumpy live to see another day @Lazmo
I hope it does, it’s been a trusty beast. At Hotham I cracked a chain stay and I was able to source a new one. But this time the yoke on the shock has a carked thread, and I wasn’t able to source a new one. But I picked up a Bike Yoke off MTBDirect and the correct sized DT Swiss shock off Andy at CyclingDeal, and fitted them up the other night. The shock bushings are not compatible with the frame or the Bike Yoke, so Scott at Total Rush is hoping to source some for me. If he succeeds, the stumpy lives.

But it's pretty tired, and a bit like Dad's axe, everything's been replaced over and over, so I’m starting to look for a new (to me) bike… something, in 27.5 / ~140mm travel / Large. Not sure what to buy?

Bike Yoke and DT Swiss shock.JPG

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I hope it does, it’s been a trusty beast. At Hotham I cracked a chain stay and I was able to source a new one. But this time the yoke on the shock has a carked thread, and I wasn’t able to source a new one. But I picked up a Bike Yoke off MTBDirect and the correct sized DT Swiss shock off Andy at CyclingDeal, and fitted them up the other night. The shock bushings are not compatible with the frame or the Bike Yoke, so Scott at Total Rush is hoping to source some for me. If he succeeds, the stumpy lives.

But it's pretty tired, and a bit like Dad's axe, everything's been replaced over and over, so I’m starting to look for a new (to me) bike… something, in 27.5 / ~140mm travel / Large. Not sure what to buy?

View attachment 348398
I smell another "help me choose a bike..." thread coming...
Awwe Yisss!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt

View attachment 348398
Will a 2011 Enduro standard Fox RP23 on factory yoke work for you?