Whisky!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Photo upload resolution improved above.
I am starting to wonder of you're actually one of my friends from here...sends me photos of stuff all the time where you need to be a mind reader to know what the subject of his photo is. Where are the labels man?

Look it's a photo of my whisky collection...

DSC_2972~2.JPG

What was your favourite whisky?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Fuck sakes man... that looks like a NSW train seat, for the love of DOG don't let the bare love spuds (or bag of apples...please let it be a bag of apples) touch that.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I am starting to wonder of you're actually one of my friends from here...sends me photos of stuff all the time where you need to be a mind reader to know what the subject of his photo is. Where are the labels man?

Look it's a photo of my whisky collection...

View attachment 348165

What was your favourite whisky?
Sorry, i was trying to not be “that guy”, so some (probably not very) subtle quick shots are all I got, no time spent on focusing or composition.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry, i was trying to not be “that guy”, so some (probably not very) subtle quick shots are all I got, no time spent on focusing or composition.
You know how to ruin living vicariously through someone. Don't worry it was only a short term thing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Here's a good one for you whisk(e)y lovers. I worked a pop up bar last night at a comedy gig. Wine, beer, soft drinks...something in the back of my head whispered "take the 10 year Islay single malt..." I mean why not? A comedy gig is a diverse crowd, you never know. Well the crowd was nothing like I expected, was mostly uni aged bogan-hipsters (a Newcastle specialty). I still managed to sell 8 serves of Laphroaig 10 year to the few people that were like "I don't like beer and I don't like wine...do you have any vodka?" so get your flaming torches and pitch forks out! I sold 4 schooner sized whisky and Pepsi, a few low balls of the same, 1 low ball with just a splash of Pepsi, and just 1 lonely serve over ice. I felt so dirty afterwards. I know 7 people that probably didnt enjoy their drinks much!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I meant to add this one here a while ago but forgot. If you're looking for an inexpensive but enjoyable whisky this speyside number is worth a crack. The flavour is interesting - leather, cigar, pepper, spice, juniper, green apple, slightest hint of toffee. I found it needs a lot of space to breath or it was unappealing and muddled. My refined tulip glasses were too small, but the cognac balloons were perfect.

Attachments

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
I meant to add this one here a while ago but forgot. If you're looking for an inexpensive but enjoyable whisky this speyside number is worth a crack. The flavour is interesting - leather, cigar, pepper, spice, juniper, green apple, slightest hint of toffee. I found it needs a lot of space to breath or it was unappealing and muddled. My refined tulip glasses were too small, but the cognac balloons were perfect.
I agree, this is not bad.

My current favourite is Glenfiddich 12 year old

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Here's a good one for you whisk(e)y lovers. I worked a pop up bar last night at a comedy gig. Wine, beer, soft drinks...something in the back of my head whispered "take the 10 year Islay single malt..." I mean why not? A comedy gig is a diverse crowd, you never know. Well the crowd was nothing like I expected, was mostly uni aged bogan-hipsters (a Newcastle specialty). I still managed to sell 8 serves of Laphroaig 10 year to the few people that were like "I don't like beer and I don't like wine...do you have any vodka?" so get your flaming torches and pitch forks out! I sold 4 schooner sized whisky and Pepsi, a few low balls of the same, 1 low ball with just a splash of Pepsi, and just 1 lonely serve over ice. I felt so dirty afterwards. I know 7 people that probably didnt enjoy their drinks much!
Please tell me you're exaggerating.
Please tell me no one added pepsi to Laphroaig.
Please?
(even adding ice to Laphroaig should attract a custodial sentence).

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Ha! You need to roll with it..."yeah sure...I guess. Are you sure? Well ok then..."

You like a penicillin?
Oh yes. The 'medicinal' malt from the place with the funny name is one of my favourites. There is never not a bottle of 'penicillin' in my scotch cupboard.
Somewhere, buried on an old hard-drive, is a photo of me standing outside the distillery on Islay.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@born-again-biker it's a Japanese whisky now...along with a few other big names.

...now you've confused me with your penicillin. I was referring to the cocktail as it is one of the few acceptable ways to mix a peated single malt, and does only require a small sacrifice.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
@born-again-biker it's a Japanese whisky now...along with a few other big names.

...now you've confused me with your penicillin. I was referring to the cocktail as it is one of the few acceptable ways to mix a peated single malt, and does only require a small sacrifice.
Yeah I'm sure it's part of a big conglomerated multi national booze brand. Everyone sells out eventually.

Can't say I condone making cocktails outta 200+ year old (recipe) whisky..... but I'll try anything once

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
There’s bugger all wrong with mixing Laphroaig and Coke - or Laphroaig with anything really. Laphroaig has such a strong, overpowing taste that it will instantly transform any drink into something mad and new. Hell, I’ve used it to make Cranachan before and it was lovely! (Ok, it was a mixed result tbh. half the family loved it the other half thought it was too smoky for a dessert)

That said, in the interests of fiscal responsibility I’d stick with the 10 YO for a cooking whisky.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
There’s bugger all wrong with mixing Laphroaig and Coke - or Laphroaig with anything really. Laphroaig has such a strong, overpowing taste that it will instantly transform any drink into something mad and new. Hell, I’ve used it to make Cranachan before and it was lovely! (Ok, it was a mixed result tbh. half the family loved it the other half thought it was too smoky for a dessert)

That said, in the interests of fiscal responsibility I’d stick with the 10 YO for a cooking whisky.
Has anyone raised the idea of a 'dislike' button being added to the forums? ;)