What does your day look like?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ohhhhh, God's Country and all.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Yes. Despite the obvious awesomeness of your wife, her type isn't typical found in God's country. The natural Taiwanese habitat is the lower north shore and around Ryde.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
My Brother's other half is Mongolian, some how she migrated to Hong Kong, then travelled to the UK and then migrated to Australia. I always give her a shit load of crap for telling me she was Chinese.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Is that deserved of a "shit load of crap?". Did you ask her why she's chosen to identify herself this way?
If I come from Australia, I don't tell people I come from a neighbouring country like New Zealand for one and I couldn't care less what excuses people have The whole story is a bit strange to start with because they usually dislike each other and not to mention her severe gambling habit.

Oddjob

If I come from Australia, I don't tell people I come from a neighbouring country Like New Zealand for one and I couldn't care less what excuses people have. The whole story is a bit strange to start with because they usually dislike each other.
As the son of slopey eyed migrant I can tell you from experience that its often easier just to say you're chinese. The morons don't understand the subtleties, and most of the tine you couldn't educate them with anything short of a 2x4.

That's not to say you're a moron, but hard experience has taught me to assume that everyone is a moron until proven otherwise.

Flow-Rider

Burner
As the son of slopey eyed migrant I can tell you from experience that its often easier just to say you're chinese. The morons don't understand the subtleties, and most of the tine you couldn't educate them with anything short of a 2x4.

That's not to say you're a moron, but hard experience has taught me to assume that everyone is a moron until proven otherwise.

I'm a son of migrants myself but I tell people the truth that I was born in Australia and my parents were born in Italy but every time I asked her where she was from I got told a different story, Chinese, Hong Kong, Mongolia, with a Uk pass port, where next ?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes sir. She is indigenous Taiwanese also, so not Chinese but she speaks it very well.

See now I'm all kinds of curious how you came to be with a Taiwanese artist! Did you guys meet in Taiwan and you won her away to Australia? I think most importantly - are her family there looking for a partner in whisky exports!?!?!

@Oddjob - where in Asia did your family come from? Your explanation reminds me of King of the Hill..."are you Chinese or Japanese?"

@Flow-Rider has James bond for a sister in law.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yes. Despite the obvious awesomeness of your wife, her type isn't typical found in God's country. The natural Taiwanese habitat is the lower north shore and around Ryde.

I remember when her sister visited and we ended up at Eastwood. She politely said 'Maybe we should go somewhere else' which is Taiwanese for 'Let's get the hell out of here pronto and don't spare the horse's'.

Mandarin is a 2nd language for her too.

Oddjob

See now I'm all kinds of curious how you came to be with a Taiwanese artist! Did you guys meet in Taiwan and you won her away to Australia? I think most importantly - are her family there looking for a partner in whisky exports!?!?!

@Oddjob - where in Asia did your family come from? Your explanation reminds me of King of the Hill..."are you Chinese or Japanese?"

@Flow-Rider has James bond for a sister in law.
Mums from Taiwan. Dad was from Australia.

King of the Hill has nothing in the northern beaches of Sydney in the 80s. Mums friend's son was the first asian kid they had ever had at Avalon Public, I was the second. We were both eurasian. I don't think theu could have handled full strength hongkies.

Oddjob

I'm a son of migrants myself but I tell people the truth that I was born in Australia and my parents were born in Italy but every time I asked her where she was from I got told a different story, Chinese, Hong Kong, Mongolia, with a Uk pass port, where next ?
Ah but you're a wog of the football mad subspecies. Whitey McWhiteface can get his head around that. A 6'3" eurasian with a Taiwanese mother is not so easy to pigeonhole.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I met her on a teaching English site. I had to travel quite a bit at that time. I had a weekend cut over for a financial company in HK. I took at quick flight to Taipei and had lunch with her and her sister and I headed home.

I visited again a few times and met her at some artist in residence thing in KL. Since I still had a butt load of frequent flyer points to use so I invited her over and she surprisingly said 'why not' and came along. Eventually ended up in Sydney.

She is an interesting lady and I like her unconventional Taiwanese approach to everything.