What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
But collet bolts on SC don't need massive torque?
Yep only 9Nm but the pivot axle is 20Nm and the shock mount bolts are 16Nm - these were all loose.

My small torque wrench only does to 15nm and only had 1/4” drive bits that went up to 6mm. New wrench does to 108Nm and I’ve got bits up to 10mm in 3/8” drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Nice. Just make sure to store it with the tension nut wound out. Also check it against a known weight/torque every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yep always do.... now.

I didn’t know about that until a few years ago I saw someone post on here about doing it and it’s become a habit all the time.

That and not undoing things with it.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Stumpy lives !!!

Installed a DT Swiss SSD 210 L shock on a Bike Yoke (thanks MTBDirect)(and Scott) and the old girl is a going concern again.

Set sag to a conservative 25% and then messed around with the 30 clicks of rebound and 20 of them got it in the ball park. The rebound certainly works, from non existent to slower than a snail on beer.

Did a 45 minute urban on it, and first of all, it feels great to be back on the stumpy. So good to tool around on. The closest to dirt was some nature strip mtb and it felt nice. There is a big climb and it seemed to be ok, not bobbing too much, and descending and effing around was fun.

Time will tell, but I'm pretty confident it is going to be ok.

DT Swiss and Bike Yoke.jpg

Jpez

Down on the left!
That's ok. Crappy arvo weather will be for work time! Another time @beeb, usually the rides out there are mid week.
I normally ride the Youis on a Sunday but will be out there Wednesday morning on my lonesome partly because Stockyards being shut on the weekend.
Anyone riding on Wednesday?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I normally ride the Youis on a Sunday but will be out there Wednesday morning on my lonesome partly because Stockyards being shut on the weekend.
There's an outside chance I'll be there Wednesday morning. What time are you thinking?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Good excuse to do Red Hill this weekend ;) Not that Red Hill needs an excuse to ride ... love it there

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone else find this incredibly annoying? Closing the entire gravity area for a cross country race which doesn’t use the majority of the gravity tracks. There’s an entire separate area dedicated to cross country riding.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Anyone else find this incredibly annoying? Closing the entire gravity area for a cross country race which doesn’t use the majority of the gravity tracks. There’s an entire separate area dedicated to cross country riding.
The course map has them riding up Turbulence and Bandages

:rolleyes:

Jpez

Down on the left!
There's an outside chance I'll be there Wednesday morning. What time are you thinking?
Probably about 8ish but can be flexible. Let me know if you head out.
Good excuse to do Red Hill this weekend ;) Not that Red Hill needs an excuse to ride ... love it there
Might be a goer, Ive only ridden there once before and missed some of the good stuff so definitely need to get back there proper.
It is what it is I suppose. I’ve been away for a couple of weeks so have been fangin to get down there this weekend so wasn’t too happy to read the news.
The course map has them riding up Turbulence and Bandages

:rolleyes:
Huh?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could be worse. I'm heading to Bright this weekend and last night Mystic MTB just posted that the whole park is closed for the Spartans race.

I mean, I am there because the wife is running said race but I thought most of the trails would still be up and running and I could get some rides in.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Could be worse. I'm heading to Bright this weekend and last night Mystic MTB just posted that the whole park is closed for the Spartans race.

I mean, I am there because the wife is running said race but I thought most of the trails would still be up and running and I could get some rides in.
Mt Beauty is not far. Or Hotham and ride Flow Town.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Mt Beauty is not far. Or Hotham and ride Flow Town.
Flow Town is at Falls, Dinner Plain (just passed Hotham) has a couple of new trails but pretty basic green runs. There are a few trails in Porepunkah that will allow you to still get your fix while your wife is preoccupied.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Flow Town is at Falls, Dinner Plain (just passed Hotham) has a couple of new trails but pretty basic green runs. There are a few trails in Porepunkah that will allow you to still get your fix while your wife is preoccupied.
Didn't know Porepunkah had anything, that's just down the road. Ignition is on up in Falls but that's a bit of a drive when working around looking after kids etc. Mt beauty might be the spot since I've only ridden there once.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Hardtail went out for proper paced ride this morning. Great fun. Rough in chunder. Most noticeable difference was pumping corners hard....had gotten used to whole bike squishing in and kinda keeping geo correct vs fork diving a bit but back end staying in place. Going to try a litte more LSC next ride.