New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

climberman

Likes Dirt
Location wise - that's firmly on the central coast side of the Hawkesbury and isn't really Sydney in any sense, but it's a lot closer than Awaba or Ourimbah. Really exciting! Will be interesting to see what sort of trails they build there, I hope Synergy refrain from over-building like they did at Hornsby.
It's due west of Gosford! Which s Sydney like Bulli is Sydney. Both are 40km as the crow flies from the Sydney CBD.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I guess pretty much any suitable location that is truly considered to be in Sydney will either have some kind of national park restriction, or be too valuable to property developers.

This isn't too bad for people on the North side, and if the Mt Keira plans go ahead people on the South side will have something too.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's due west of Gosford! Which s Sydney like Bulli is Sydney. Both are 40km as the crow flies from the Sydney CBD.
One of the post talked about arvo laps after work for Sydney siders. I guess you would need to read the fine print that needs to say add an extra 2 hrs for Sydney traffic and bring lights for your bike.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
One of the post talked about arvo laps after work for Sydney siders. I guess you would need to read the fine print that needs to say add an extra 2 hrs for Sydney traffic and bring lights for your bike.
Sydney is a big place at almost 70km from North to south. So it’s never going to be that close for everyone. Heck It takes me longer to drive 5km away some days so anything like this that’s not hours away will be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: T.3

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s not Sydney. It’s near Sydney. That said I don’t give a shit. Bring it on.

It’s gonna be an hour and a half min for me. Love Cronulla but it’s fucking miles from anywhere good in terms of gravity riding.

Binaural

Eats Squid
God damn it, someone make a post about the bike park, any thing !!!!
They'll be announcing the new bike park for the second time (shoutout to D2R) on the 15th of December (Friday). In the meantime, you probably already have the stats - 120km trails, location, trail builders etc. All we're really waiting for now is a trail map.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
God damn it, someone make a post about the bike park, any thing !!!!
There will be plenty of info with the release. There’s a lot I know, but even more I don’t, so I’m not gonna put info out there that will just result in more questions that are going to get answered on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Fingers crossed some trails will be open for us to check out over the festive period!

T.3

Likes Dirt
I'm pretty sure I heard a rumor quite a while ago mentioning chair lifts. Interesting to see if that comes true.