Another day another collarbone

clockworked

Like an orange
Will be healed up in time for when you move down this way. Bit of an unlucky one. You rode the track I did it on with me. It was near the clif we stopped at and talked you into more climbing. Hit me up when you are moved and settled.

Hoo hoo! Thats a long walk! Plenty of east places to mess up there from memory.

I'll be keen to come for your first ride back; might have a chance keeping up while you're out of practice!

Scotty675

Cable thief
That's tough... you'd think after 4 breaks the bone is mostly callous and would be super strong!!
I thought the same. As surgeon said it will brake at the weakest point. This brake was just back from where it broke once before. That’s why he didnt want me riding with plate in last time. Or crash anyway as it would end up going at the neck or shoulder. Feeling good at the moment though. Don’t have that horrible feeling of the bones moving (you would no the feeling).

Scotty675

Cable thief
Hoo hoo! Thats a long walk! Plenty of east places to mess up there from memory.

I'll be keen to come for your first ride back; might have a chance keeping up while you're out of practice!
Mate you were smashing it. You rode faster than a lot of people that have rode there for years.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
That's tough... you'd think after 4 breaks the bone is mostly callous and would be super strong!!
Last time I did my left arm, I snapped both bones in the forearm due to the amount of plating around the wrist. A body will snap at it's weakest point, normally collarbone/ wrist as this is how it protects itself (#evolutionfact)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I joined the Clavicle Club on Tuesday last week unfortunately. We have two new trails areas near me that opened on Saturday and this Thursday (Dial Range and Wild Mersey) and now I have to wait to ride them. Sucks bigtime:(

Attachments

Scotty675

Cable thief
I joined the Clavicle Club on Tuesday last week unfortunately. We have two new trails areas near me that opened on Saturday and this Thursday (Dial Range and Wild Mersey) and now I have to wait to ride them. Sucks bigtime:(
Sorry to hear mate. Timing is never good. Last 2 of mine have been around summer break. Hope you feeling a bit more mobile now. Are you sling and leaving it?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Sorry to hear mate. Timing is never good. Last 2 of mine have been around summer break. Hope you feeling a bit more mobile now. Are you sling and leaving it?
Yeah just in a sling, the orthopaedic surgeon said it should heal ok as it is.

Scotty675

Cable thief
As frame sits now I’ve done it all with paint stripper and pressure washer. I did hit a couple of spots with 800 wet and dry to see how it would come up. The plan was if frame strips ok, leave it raw with black stickers and clear coat over, if frame stripped average was going to be powder coated. At this stage I’m leaning towards raw. I dont want to sand frame so was leaving it to the stripper. I tried a few methods but small sections and wrapping in glad wrap for a while seemed to work the best. Definitely no one coat process. Will play tomorrow with 800 wet and dry and fine steel wool and make final decision then. I’m pretty confident it will come up well. There is a video on YouTube of this bronson v1 in alloy (prototypes) and love the look. Video is from 2013 I’m not sure how to share link cause this tech stuff and I don’t get on.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Quick update as I’ve been off the radar. Collar bones is feeling fantastic. Full movement is back and building strength nicely.

Then things turned to shit again. I can’t catch a brake at the moment.

Another 6 weeks from a broken triquetral. Can’t believe such a small bone could give so much grief. I doubt cast will last the full 6 weeks but for now it’s staying.
So I’ve done a mock up of bronson rebuild, here it is at the moment.

Few different parts to go on but wanted to see what it will look like

clockworked

Like an orange
Get fucked!!

That is the worst feckin luck. Sorry to hear thats happened to you mate.
I'll be down in hobart just after you heal up. We can do a few super soft runs to get both our eyes in

At least your bike looks good!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Bloody hell, that's adding insult to injury!

On the plus side, the bike looks insane. Somehow actually looks more modern.