What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Ouch... that looks awfully like a Thomson that got stuck into a steel frame. Yikes!
Yup, silver Thomson in a steel frame

did you pour something into the frame to dissolve the aluminium?
Yup, I had to go the extreme option, caustic.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/crc/crc-penetr8-spray-400g/p/A9439984

This stuff works heaps better than WD40.

I’d spray it in through the BB and invert frame, and leave it for a few hours/overnight.
Depends on how well stuck it is, I had the bb out and was tipping Penetrine down the inverted seat tube every day for about 2 weeks.

Got it out like he opens a beer, with his teeth!
I look nothing like @johnny avatar

Warp

Likes Dirt
Began the finishing to turn a bike raw. Going to take a while. Still got to clean up more around the welds but the finish it what I was after.
Not a fan of raw finish but this one arouses me.
it works better than WD40 though.
I'll hit the Bunnings tonight and have another go at it.
It can't be THAT stuck as it was used less than a couple months ago. I'm thinking maybe my friend just slammed the post too deep into the seat tube. I didn't try to tap it up/out with a rubber mallet. Maybe that will help a little.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Rode the Majura Pines. Was reminded of how horribly unfit I am when my mate on his singlespeed had to wait for me at the top...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Lap of Lysty yesterday, and a 3 hour bush fest today. Dodged the rain, started pissing down the moment we got home. Not a lot of singletrack, but some sweet ‘mule trails. Didn’t bust my new derailleur so that was good. Drinking beer now which is even better.