New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Many bothans died to bring us this information but seeing how this was already in the public domain if you know where to look* and the day has come i’m just gonna leave this here

*may or may not be indicative of anything, I wasn’t able to get along to the Onsite event today as I was already committed to another event so I’ll only find out more along with the rest of the plebs hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
found it!
out the back of the 'Australian Walkabout Wildlife Park' Calga
Central Coast on the opposite side of the M1 to gosford at the Peats Ridge turnoff
can't wait!

featherplucker

Likes Bikes
Got the following email earlier this morning:

Synergy Trails are pumped to finally announce the location of this amazing project!

• International grade, purpose built mountain bike park.
  • Glenworth Valley - 1 hour from Sydney CBD
  • Open all year
  • 120km of trails already mapped
  • Cross Country, Downhill, Enduro, Flow, Dirt Jumps...
  • International events already being scheduled

Last night we held a secret VIP party on site. There was lightening there was torrential rain, there was even gazebos flying around in the winds. But you know what... the site looked incredible.

Thank you to all invited for making it such a memorable event.

Next Release will be early January - the offical park name, branding and website.

Have an amazing holiday season and we'll chat again in January!

The Synergy Team! we

MarioM

Likes Dirt

Synergy Trails are pumped to finally announce the location of this amazing project!

• Open all year

Last night we held a secret VIP party on site. There was lightening there was torrential rain, there was even gazebos flying around in the winds. But you know what... the site looked incredible.

Next Release will be early January - the offical park name, branding and website.

The Synergy Team! we
Like that they`ve done it , but very misleading to say Sydney when it`s the Central Coast ? Having said that will there be an option to camp overnight ?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Like that they`ve done it , but very misleading to say Sydney when it`s the Central Coast ?
Yeah, but where in the greater Sydney area can you build something like this without national parks restrictions or property developers trumping development.

If you're living in, let's say Chatswood, it's 50 minutes to an hour to Glenworth, or the same to Loftus in the RNP.

Sydney's geography just makes it too difficult to build something of this scale close to an urban centre IMO.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
With 120km of trails mapped, does that mean 120km of trails are complete & ready to ride?

The press release is a little anbiguous.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
The mean price for a house in Sydney is $1.000.000, the least they could do is build a bike park on everyone's doorstep!
Im in Lake Mac, should be about an hour and 2o with a piss break and coffee stop at Fat Dons!...Ripper

D2R

Likes Bikes

• Open all year

The Synergy Team! we
Other than finally confirming what we already knew that it ‘is’ Glenworth Valley there is nothing in that email that wasn’t already known in the first post or on farcebook.
Now we wait until January......

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Im in Lake Mac, should be about an hour and 2o with a piss break and coffee stop at Fat Dons!...Ripper
My parents live there, so when I’m up I usually head to Awaba a couple of times. This looks to be only five more minutes drive so I’m pretty stoked about it. Google tells me it’ll be a 45 minute drive from theirs.

Not much new info here, but I’m wondering if anything is built at this point? No images of trails or construction. All I’m seeing is landscape and gazebos, not a bike in sight.

Those who attended should spill some of their beans.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Yeah, but where in the greater Sydney area can you build something like this without national parks restrictions or property developers trumping development.

If you're living in, let's say Chatswood, it's 50 minutes to an hour to Glenworth, or the same to Loftus in the RNP.

Sydney's geography just makes it too difficult to build something of this scale close to an urban centre IMO.
Yes very true . Government bureaucracy is shit . You could make killer trail all the way through the mountain ranges for hundreds of km`s . I like that its done and hopefully the central coast cashes in as there also some beautiful coastline to explore also . Tathra is a good example , great elevation and coast combined make it an ideal getaway . For me being around Wollongong Glenworth will be easier to get to so can`t wait to get there .