What does your day look like?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Almond harvest part 2. They shook the nuts out of the trees a few days ago.

Part three is a giant Nut Sucker.
Surprised that don’t do it like the macadamias. A big rubber belt around the trunk shakes the tree and a wrap around upside down umbrella catches all the nuts as they fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Surprised that don’t do it like the macadamias. A big rubber belt around the trunk shakes the tree and a wrap around upside down umbrella catches all the nuts as they fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just like they do with olives, I think.

Does seem a little laborious, three passes with three different machines.

This is the nut sucker

stirk

Burner
Sunday driving home from camping I feel like crap, pull over near wheeny creek and spend ten minutes hurling. Right keep going, 10 minutes later had to pull over for another spew. The next 3 spews I don't have time to pull over, car is painted. Now at the docs getting a lube and oil change. My bike is feeling neglected.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sunday driving home from camping I feel like crap, pull over near wheeny creek and spend ten minutes hurling. Right keep going, 10 minutes later had to pull over for another spew. The next 3 spews I don't have time to pull over, car is painted. Now at the docs getting a lube and oil change. My bike is feeling neglected.
How did the family like being witness to that?

Last day of last tour group for the season. 2 weeks solo starting this afternoon. Would've been nice to have a powder day, but I'll survive riding 2 day old snow.

Edit: needs a photo.

Attachments

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
How did the family like being witness to that?

Last day of last tour group for the season. 2 weeks solo starting this afternoon. Would've been nice to have a powder day, but I'll survive riding 2 day old snow.

Edit: needs a photo.
I was just with my son and dog, he was a little scared being out in the bush, but he's seen the whole house with gastro before and fell asleep! Not sure I copped, some evil tummy bug.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Just like they do with olives, I think.

Does seem a little laborious, three passes with three different machines.

This is the nut sucker

The olives down your way on the big estates are harvested in much the same way as the wine grapes. Primarily because they are mostly for oil production. However the machine is bigger...much bigger. They are called Colosus.

As for the almond picker upper machine... it's actually a sweeper rather than a sucker.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Did a survey the other day on a culvert out towards Narrandera that must get a fair bit of water passing through it, as they council are saying this still floods.. doesn't look like it's seen much water recently though.