Sold Astrix huckster, booo

safreek

ITEM: Astrix huckster, large
PRICE: 800
CONDITION : frame and drive train pretty much perfect, cranks were bought on here second hand, xt. The derailleur, shifter are slx, 10x1 clutched, brakes are slx, the front is to short for the fork so only has rear ATM. All the new stuff would be lucky if they had 100ish kms on them.
Frame was nos and has covered under 200kays, I am unsure if I put crappy parts on it before upgrading, the frame is in pretty much perfect condition and has been only riden xc, seriously.
Fork is a monster t with 200mm of travel, they work fine but have a rattle can spray lowers, couple of marks on the stanchions, hope those photos will load, they are smooth and will cause no dramas.
REASON FOR SALE: pay vet bills, dude pulled out from buying forks after saying it was a definite. It didn't surprise me, I have become accustomed to these sorts of people.
I would sell the fork separately but they wouldn't be cheap, they make up half the value of the bike

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I hope your fur child knows how much you love it. Glws.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

safreek

Bummer to see this up for sale dude. Hope Bert is ok.
yeah he is fine now, I feed him the shit to stop tick attack but apparently it only works most of the time. $120 for 3 months supply, rip off

I hope your fur child knows how much you love it. Glws.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Oh he does, I kiss him on the nose before I go to bed.
My partner bitches that I show Burt more affection than I do them. Probably true

safreek

Drop to 800 firm plus post. Couldn't be fucked selling it for less.
Fucked over twice by the same clown on facebook and once by some dickhead on eBay. Ffs

safreek

It must be a bastard working / owning a bike shop. The expectation of a sale then no gravy stroke. That's why I get bike shops to do stuff

safreek

Did I mention that I am more than happy to swap for a Cannondale prophet, or swap frame for a prophet frame, large in size.
Why the fuck did I ever sell my prophet

safreek

Just put a 32/22T up front and keep riding it :p.
You fellas convinced me front derailleurs were the work of Satan, no going back from single front now.
I would love a prophet with totems, now that would make me look cool. Not sure if it would make me a better rider though.
The hectic is a mad bike though, it gets me out more

Flow-Rider

Burner
You fellas convinced me front derailleurs were the work of Satan, no going back from single front now.
I would love a prophet with totems, now that would make me look cool. Not sure if it would make me a better rider though.
The hectic is a mad bike though, it gets me out more
No that wasn't little ol me remember, 2 X for life here ;), I'm sure you would have found it a far more enjoyable bike with the lower gearing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You don't need a 2x on the front. You never have and never will. They aren't the spawn of Satan, they are the tool of people afraid to pump the dial up to send. What is your front ring and cassette range? This is an East target for changing the bike's feel. Save up some coin then: swap out the huge forks (already sold yeah?) for a sensible 170/180mm air option + swap coil for air shock + swap tyres for something a bit more dj/bmx style and have yourself a really fucking cool bike for smashing jumps and drops.

safreek

You don't need a 2x on the front. You never have and never will. They aren't the spawn of Satan, they are the tool of people afraid to pump the dial up to send. What is your front ring and cassette range? This is an East target for changing the bike's feel. Save up some coin then: swap out the huge forks (already sold yeah?) for a sensible 170/180mm air option + swap coil for air shock + swap tyres for something a bit more dj/bmx style and have yourself a really fucking cool bike for smashing jumps and drops.
No, the fuckhead on facebook made the deal with me twice and backed out. EBay fuckwit was a dreamer and never payed.
Think I will keep the monsters as a piece of history and occasionally ride them.
Was dissapointed that planko's totems wouldn't fit, would if been a bargain

safreek

This is for sale at bomberderry? Nsw
Someone buy it and trade me frames, I would take the mcm frame for the astrix frame

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You'd fold that like a unbaked pretzel.

If you still have the forks keep the bike tank and bust it out for shuttles every now and then. It's the kind of bike that keeps life good.