The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I just wish he had thought to make the text easy to read. Not sure if it appears over the images on a computer, but on a phone the text is lost in the images. How will he reach those who need a quick easy to read spiel?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Abc's vote compass. If everyone just figured out how their views and beliefs aligned with actual policies, I think we would see a more left, progressive and evidence based government.

Kind of knew this already and not being Aussie, I truly would vote for a centralist party if there was one.

scblack

Leucocholic
Abc's vote compass. If everyone just figured out how their views and beliefs aligned with actual policies, I think we would see a more left, progressive and evidence based government.
If everyone " figured out their views and beliefs" they would agree more with you....

That's quaint.

danncam

Likes Dirt
If everyone " figured out their views and beliefs" they would agree more with you....

That's quaint.
Sort of, and sort of not. In previous election campaigns friends who vote Liberal, would be surprised how their views and beliefs fell far more left and progressive than actual Liberal policy positions when they used vote compass
There are some Hella socially conservative (regressive) pollies and heavyweights within the Liberal machine; even after Cory Bernadi left :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sort of, and sort of not. In previous election campaigns friends who vote Liberal, would be surprised how their views and beliefs fell far more left and progressive than actual Liberal policy positions when they used vote compass
There are some Hella socially conservative (regressive) pollies and heavyweights within the Liberal machine; even after Cory Bernadi left :)
Hopefullt not after this election. Warringah is waiting with baseball bats for Tony. The nukber of rich boomer wearing "time to go Tony" t-shirts and badges is scary.

Dutton is on a wafer thin margin as well. If One-Nation and the Farmers and Fishers splits the vote enough, he's toast.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

danncam

Likes Dirt
I am in Dutton's electorate. He is done.

I did vote compass and ended up closeer to the centre than @bear the bear !

Stuffed if I know what to do...
Vote compass has a new function (I think it's new) where you can rate how important issues are to you, and it recalculates where you lie on the chart. It might help you make a decision

scblack

Leucocholic
I'll make my own decision on my voting preferences.

If you need vote compass, good for you.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Vote compass has a new function
Having done the vote compass, it just reminds me about how complexs issues are that they cannot be clustered into left/right wingers. Even a 2 axis chart is kind of basic.

The questions itself are also stupidly polarizing. For example the one on gender equality. It can be viewed as either a social or economic position. Socially I'm all for gender equality but economically I don't think government should 'mandate' wages or even set quotas. That is gender equity.

Then there is climate polciy where apparently the liberals 'agree' thta there should be more renewables? Since when?!!?