The QUICK question thread.....

Bugger. Could express post you a set if you’re desperate.
The way I ride, I really don’t notice any improvement...I just think they look prettier.
That's a very kind offer, however if you aren't noticing a difference I doubt I would. They are purty though !!!

I'll run the ones I just bought, my time and money is probably better spent on obtaining mad skillz.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
what's the worst that could happen ?
Stuff another set of pads and loose cash?

I don't think the fins are all that important. I've done some fairly long mountain rides on the cheapest finless pads from crc and not experienced any significant reduction in brake performance compared to the shimano stuff.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I hereby summon the knowledge wizards of rotorburn and humbly request the sharing of thy wisdom and zings.

Replacing Shimano XT brake pads.

I am currently running the ones with the fins, LBS wanted $60 a pair, twice the price sans finz, so I'll use the non finned jobbies, but

What are my chances of de-finning my worn pads and combo-ing it with my new finless pads, in the interest of sustainability (of my wallet) ?
Don't bother. Uberbike sell modular finned pads with their snazzy race matrix compound. Get the fins once then just replace the pads. Will cost a lot less and work better than Shimano pads.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I’m stuck choosing between a Norco Sight A3 and a Norco Range A3.

My question is, would I be better to;

a) Buy the sight which is suits the riding I currently do. Mostly single track even amounts of up and down.
b) Buy the range which suits the part of riding I like more, the fast downhills. And ultimately end up growing my riding into a bike that can still, if need be, climb trails.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

a) Buy the sight which is suits the riding I currently do. Mostly single track even amounts of up and down.
b) Buy the range which suits the part of riding I like more, the fast downhills. And ultimately end up growing my riding into a bike that can still, if need be, climb trails.

Thanks guys

How fast and how downhilly are we talking? I find my Sight to be incredibly capable on what are, for me, pretty gnarly descents. I really wouldn't like the idea of having to climb on something with any more travel. Although on the Range, you're helped out with the 12-speed drive train.

That being said, they say you should buy/set up your bike for the riding you like doing, not the riding you don't.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Can't tell if joking or not lol. Currently running 2.35 on a 25mm rim, but I'm keen to get the bike more XC (lighter by 500g) by using the lightweight wheels since the other trail bike is doing the gnarly duties.
they should b ok, just don’t try & run real low pressure, keep the pressure up by 3-5 psi more than normal, 2.25 is fine, 2.4-2.5 wide is getting sketchy

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Thanks guys

Get the range and let it dictate how you ride. Pedalling up sucks and we all know it, so get your send on!

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

Thanks guys

Very tough choice because the Sight is so damn capable.
From what I can see, it's the ultimate all-rounder.

Do you race? Or plan to?
This might tip you towards the Range....

I bought the Kona Process 153 because it is more at the trail end of the Enduro category.
It's definitely complete overkill at my local XC trails, but it farken rocks at Blue Derby.

The Range will give you confidence when it really matters.
But, like my Kona, it will climb well for what it is, but not overall.

Another way to skin the cat - buy the Sight, add a slightly longer fork (+10mm), better shock, change cock pit to descend focused, fit burlier wheels & tyres.
Now that might be the ultimate all rounder?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Very tough choice because the Sight is so damn capable.
From what I can see, it's the ultimate all-rounder.

Another way to skin the cat - buy the Sight, add a slightly longer fork (+10mm), better shock, change cock pit to descend focused, fit burlier wheels & tyres.

Now that might be the ultimate all rounder?
my sight agrees with this...

smashpot pike, cc db coilil, hope e4, arc30 rims/hope pro4 hubs